adjusting the signal/ fx level

hi everyone,
learnin thru manual and videos c7.5.2. inserts, send, fx, group.
in the signal channel edit window i route a send to fx1, by moving left to right i control the signal level sent from signal channel to fx1 and can control it either in active/ inactive mode n the faders in signal and fx1 act as volume. control. = Am i correct here.

confused here pg 238,
On the toolbar of the Channel Settings window, select the FX channel from the Channel Name selector and adjust its effect return level.
By adjusting the return level, you control the amount of the signal sent from the FX channel to the output bus.
6.If you want the signal to be sent to the FX channel before the audio channel’s volume fader in the MixConsole, right-click on a send and select “Move to Pre-Fader”. A triangle in the lower left corner of a send indicates that “Move to Pre-Fader” is activated. Normally you want the effect send to be proportional to the channel volume (post-fader send).

so if i move to Pre-Fader” i dont c triangle in the lower left corner in the signal channel edit window but send turns fom blue to teel color. so if by moved left to right what does it control.
can some help me how to control fx sent level

And thanks for assisting forum members

The difference is that if set post fader the amount of FX also varies with the amount of original.

Pre Fade the FX level stay the same no matter where the original channel fader is set…even if turned right down so you can’t hear the original track, you will still hear the FX (if send is turned up).

i havent noticed any change interms of sound wheter pre or post

1. Put audio on channel 1
  2. Create FX channel with a reverb on it…Make sure the reverb is set 100% wet.
  3. Assign a send on ch1 post fade to the reverb and turn up/leave at 0db

Now turn down the audio channel and the reverb is also turned down

1. Change that send to pre fade

Now when you turn down Ch1 the source audio is gone but it’s reverb is still there.

That’s the only difference…there is no “difference in sound” as such.