adjusting time between clips/tracks w/o affecting the others

Once thing that’s always been odd to me is when I have to make more time between the clips that are CD tracks 2 and 3 for example, I have to select the clip of CD track 3 and all the following clips so that the only space that I’m changing is between 2 and 3 etc.

In Waveburner and DSP-Quattro they seem to glue all regions together somehow so if you have to adjust the time between two songs, everything after the edit stays the same.

Maybe super clip in WL8 will help with this but not sure if all the following track IDs will also adjust when I adjust the space between two songs.

My question is if there is already a way to make more space between two clips and have the following clips all move the same as it can be slow and uncertain to try to fine tune an edit of space between clips and make sure all following clips follow along.

I hope this makes sense.

There are options for this of course, look in the menu “Modes”.

An easy way to do this, is simply numerically changing the time value between the two clips in the clip list. All clips after it will simply shift in time without having to select them all.

An easy way to do this, is simply numerically changing the time value between the two clips in the clip list. All clips after it will simply shift in time without having to select them all.

Yes and no. This method of moving a clip depends on some Mode options, ie. the next clips will move, or not, according to the active mode.

Thanks, I’ll look into the mode options next time I’m in Wavelab.

I figured it was possible but I never used Wavelab until WL7 and we all know about the manual situation for WL7.

I guess I accidently have my preferred mode on then, cause I never looked for that… :sunglasses:

I can’t believe how simple this was and it was hiding there the whole time. I would previously manually select all clips (to the right on all tracks) when adjusting gaps and it was a little tricky.

This setting makes all the difference.

Thanks PG.