Adjusting vertical order of text objects?

I can’t seem to find this in the manual… say I have two text objects at the same horizontal position, say, a playing technique and a tempo marking, or any 2 or more, really.

How can I adjust which one appears on top? Is there some better way than just dragging stuff around in Engrave mode.

1 Like

These items will appear in a fixed order: playing techniques inside system-attached text, system-attached text items inside tempos, tempos on the outside. At the moment the only way to adjust this order is indeed through adjustment in Engrave mode.

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Would it be possible to add a new text style that would go above everything? Use case would be for section titles in multi-section works that are not appropriate for splitting across flows (Strauss Alpine Symphony, for example). In the original score there are titles for the various sections that are invariably above a tempo marking.

The idea of having section titles has been discussed before, and it’s certainly something that we’re thinking about how best to achieve.

1 Like

Another vote for something like this. Unless you have a different solution for labeling the start of the Minuet and Trio in a single flow.

sorry for the necro, but add another vote for some solution to this.
I have a few pieces where there are section titles associated with specific measures.
And they need to be above any other text, including tempo markings.

Thanks for the reference to this older thread. Daniel acknowledged this again on the first of this month.

1 Like