Adobe Audition

Hi,
Is there an easy way of sending audio recorded on a microphone in cubase, to Adobe Audition? A “right-click” option or “external editor” tool maybe?

Thanks.

No, it won’t be that simple. You will at a minimum need to select the audio track, go to File…Export…Audio Mixdown to export the recorded audio to a file.
It is worth noting, however, that you can probably use Cubase to do whatever you are doing in Audition.
If you are making a multitrack session in Audition, Cubase does all of the same stuff. And if you are using Audition to edit an audio file, Cubase does pretty much everything, except directly save an audio file (that’s what WaveLab is for). Cubase always requires an Export.
For example, most of the stuff in the Favorites menu of Audition is found in the Audio…Process menu of Cubase.
Most everything on the Effects menu of Audition is available from Cubase’s MixConsole (hit F3 to open it).
Even that little gain (Adjust Amplitude) knob that floats above the waveform in Audition is has a counterpart in Cubase’s little white square at middle top of every audio clip (event). Drag it up and down to change the size of the waveform.
The only thing you really can’t do with Cubase is dynamically link with other Adobe products like Premiere or After Effects.

Thanks. I wanted to use Audition’s “noise reduction” facility. But I can access the audio files direct from disk I guess. The only issue is that cubase seems to “lock” these files while it’s open, but it’s no big deal to close/reopen.

Cheers.

Okay, then you will have to export an audio file and use Audition. Steinberg WaveLab has noise reduction processing, but Cubase doesn’t. Just a noise gate…
Also, if you export a mix down, but don’t import it back into Cubase’s Pool, it shouldn’t be locked.

If you use the Pool window (Ctrl-P) you’ll be able to see the exact location of the physical file. Close Cubase, and then process the file in Audition.

Better still, copy the file to a new location, process it in Audition, and create a new project within Cubase, importing the processed file.

On a final note, unless the recording is unique and unrepeatable, it’s a lot less work to just record it again …