Adobes dynamic link to audition...update

Recently I was doing a project that I used audition to mix the audio from premiere,and although the connection between the 2 programs was nice I still prefer using cubase to mix the final project,my work flow is export audio usally dialog from premiere then I’ll make a ref video with timecode overlay in media encoder the bring it in cubase …now this is more time consuming but the mixing in cubase is far superior than audition…except for the exchange from premiere …it’s nice ,all the clips appear as well as the video track ,no rendering ,so I was wondering if there is any way cubase can use the dynamic link or open the xml file pp generates?..just a thought…and btw the spectral wav edited in audition is pretty nice!! I was able to extract a cell phone noise from a dialog track with no artifacts…does cubase have anything like this? I think melodyne does I think…

what worked better than tring to update audition was to make an omf file and brought it right in cubase,i wish cubase could open the xml export done by audition,in cb there is an import music xml option but it cant parse the file…only thing that sucks bout omf is no stereo files,so i just make groups for each set of dual mono

and btw the spectral wav edited in audition is pretty nice!! I was able to extract a cell phone noise from a dialog track with no artifacts…does cubase have anything like this? I think melodyne does I think.

No spectral editing in Cubase …perhaps unlikely it ever will be as it’s in Wavelab.
Melodyne’s spectral functionality doesn’t seem to be the same thing at all, as far as I can see.

Izotope RX6 is arguably the king of spectral repair tools …the older RX releases had a VST plugin version but they decided to drop it and concentrate on the standalone version.

I think that leaves Stillwell/Shwa Spectro as the only VST plugin that would add this directly in Cubase.

As to your first question…not my area of expertise but still pretty sure the answer is no :wink:

The format used by audition is called fcm or Fcp exchange xml format…if Cubase can get that to open cool…but now it’s only omf…on the upside it is a much easier workflow to import updated edits done in pp to cubase via omf then trying to get audition to open new files without losing your other mix,in cubase just import the new omf in the current sequence and bring only the new files and u can even put say dialog next to old edits and realign them to fit…cool ,just the dual mono tracks are a pita,maybe cubase will have the dual mono to stereo conversion like nuendo soon!!

Anyone? I saw that a program called aatranslater can open aaf and covert to steinberg xml format…has anyone used this and does it do stereo files?

No one needs this? Nobody does sound mixing for video in cubase?

Omf from premiere does open in cubase and it is easier to edit a project that has updated edited from pp…in audition u will lose your mix