ADR Post roll recording

Hi,

I am in the middle of a large ADR session. The problem I am facing is that some actors are talking a couple of frames longer than the take(cycle marker) itself is.I adjust the pre and post handles for the recording but the dialogue that has been recorded is muted due to the outpoint of the cycle marker. It would be a good Idea if one could select to playback the whole recording and not only the cycle marker window recording. Or is it already possible without dragging the outpoint of the recording manually?

Carsten

That’s what’s the “free run” mode is for.
The application will continue to record until you manually stop.

Fredo

thank you Fredo,
if you have actors who are used to a certain workflow, black in black out and you do a lot ofADR than automation is the solution.Dropping in or out manually is something that disturbs the talent, or at least may disturb and produces an accidently recording.So that is why I demand the postroll to be played back. The freerun mode is excellent for voiceover stuff but not for feature film ADRing.
cheers
carsten

You lost me completely.
The answer to your question:

It would be a good Idea if one could select to playback the whole recording and not only the cycle marker window recording. Or is it already possible without dragging the outpoint of the recording manually?

is “Free Run”.

Works exactly as the "normal "mode, with the difference that the recording doesn’t stop at the end of the cycle marker.

What am I missing?

Fredo

Good evening Fredo,

the problem is not that the recording stops but the playback is limited to the cycle market. If I adjust the pre and post record handles than the recording runs longer than the cycle marker plays back. So when you are in ADR mode and you working in A- B mode, that means you record odd and even takes to two seperate tracks only the cycle marker length or window will be played back though there has been a couple of frames more recorded and I want to hear that.At the moment the only solution is to trimm the outpoint of the recording manually. And as the term ADR says it it AUTOMATED DIALOGUE REPLACEMENT.
Thanks for your engaged discussions.
Carsten

where do i enable free run mode? is that something new in 6.5?

As far as I remember, that is correct.

Fredo

Yes, correct. Introduced in Nuendo 6.5.