ADRs video display

I would like in future versions and updates Nuendo to be able to see the markers on the video window, choosing what to display in this case: the id, discriptior, comments, etc.

+1

markers, timecode, wipes and a whole lot more are needed. all capable of being pushed out of a decklink card too.

Hello,

this will be partly possible. Not yet sure what can be shown next to markers, but we have it on the list…

Thanks,
Timo

Hi

Rock solid video playback with ADR count-in functionality
20€

We use 10 of them :wink:

Hi!
Wanted to try the 30 day demo. Downloaded, installed… Tried to open… nothing happens.
restart… same thing.
Uninstalled, re-installed, same thing…
:frowning:

Bye Tumppi

Try Fig 53’s Streamers system we use it playing off a mac with video and record onto pc Nuendo in our ADR Studio its brilliant we think! :smiley:
http://figure53.com/streamers/

Hi Bernhard,
Can you elaborate how you make the connection with Nuendo? do you run the video inside nuendo as well as inMTCvideoslave?

Hi Bernhard,
Can you elaborate how you make the connection with Nuendo? do you run the video inside nuendo as well as inMTCvideoslave?

Hi shauli

We use a second computer for video playback and no internal Nuendo video at all.
Midi Timecode is sent over ethernet using IpMidi from Nerds.de.
Using midi interfaces also works.

The count-in can be triggered by incomming MTC or a midi note.

If you use MtcVideoSlave on the same computer you can use the free LoopBe utility from Nerds.de

HTH, Bernhard

Hey guys,

Greetings.
I’ve downloaded the 30 day trial version of MTCvideoslave and the free LoopBe utility from Nerds.de, installed them and yes it’s working like Bernard said.
However I’m experiencing a drift Nuendo/MTCslavevideo.
It starts correctly, but drifts after several minutes.
I’ve ripped a dvd for this test (98 min movie with 6 streams audio) which a/v plays ok in Nuendo, but with the same video in MTCvideoslave, I noticed the difference. Not sure if it is because of the same machine.
All functionality is working as what I’ve tried. (timecode display, count-in, appearance etc)
Oh yeah when opening a video the framerate went automatically to 29.95 and MTC 25.00
When playing nuendo the MTC framerate went to that from nuendo 24.00 , but the video stayed at 29.95.
I had to manually change it in the transportbar.
What am I doing wrong?? Anyone…???
Please some help here…Bernard…??

ps. test with N4
Looking forward to hear from y’all. Thx

Update:

Hi all,

I’ve tried MTCvideoslave on a HP laptop with Win7/64 and N5.0.1 on my regular workstation in WinXP domain, with ipMIDI installed on both machines. Yes it’s working!!
Interesting is the signalflow;
The desktop connected with a 3 m cat5 cable to a hub (same room), which is connected through a 15 m cat5 cable to a hybrid router (RF/wired) somewhereelse in the building. There a 3 concrete walls in between.
The laptop has wireless connection with the router.
And yes it’s working…
Play, stop, fastforward, rewind, jogg/shuttle etc
The only thing is that there still exist a difference in mouth movement and sound.(at 00:01:08:00 it’s approx 2 sec)
I’ll check another file and make some more notes.
Hopefully it’ll benefit us on the forum.

Lickle more (I’m learning Jamaican slang)

+1

Mike

However I’m experiencing a drift Nuendo/MTCslavevideo.
It starts correctly, but drifts after several minutes.

Hi ncpstudio,

I checked sync-behavior religiously using a Syncheck device and there is no drift at any of our studios.
Although many codecs seem to work we use Quicktime PJPEG exclusively (1080p)
And I can only testify for 25fps and 24fps because we are working with european standards.

According to Gregor, the developer, EVERY video frame is triggered by incoming MTC position, therefore no classical drift scenario is possible.

So I´m pretty sure your problem is based on the mixing of timecode framerates:

-29.95 isn´t a valid framerate at all.
-Nuendo project settings have to match video timecode framerate, so if your video is 24 fps, Nuendo should generate 24fps MTC, if your video is 29,97, Nuendo should run 29,97.
-You can change the playback speed of the video by entering a new value in the transport bar, but again, the new value has to match incoming MTC from Nuendo.

HTH,
Bernhard