After 12 it started to freeze on startup

After 12 it started to freeze on startup.
“ARA Service scanning pluings”
“VOCALOID4 Editor”
“Chord Pad”
It often stops at .
Occasionally freezes on roads in EastWest and Kontakt.
11 is fine.
Sometimes it can be fixed by forcibly ending with task manager, sometimes it can not be started without restarting the OS.

Win 10 Home 64bit 21H2
Cubase Both 12.0.40 and 12.0.50

Hi,

Make sure the components are up to date, please.

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 12:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo12

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Thanks.

The following message is displayed:
Debugger Detected -C:\Program FIles\Common Files\VST3\Play.vst3
This software cannot run in the presence of debuggers.

Play was grey, not loading.

Another thing, Procdump exits before Cubase 12 freezes.

My Cubase project file got a little corrupted…

Hi,

Does it exit because of this message?

Cubase 12 will launch without EastWest Play loaded.

it’s probably of no help whatsoever but Play.VST3 loads/works fine here on Win10 12.0.40/50

How are you starting cubase ? are you double-clicking a project to open it (corrupt project ?)

are you using the latest version of Play ?

If I open a project containing Play while running Procdump, the above message will appear and Play will not be loaded.
Play version is 6.1.9.
What bothers me is not this situation, Cubase 12 freezes more often than 11 on startup.

again - probably doesn’t help but that’s not been my experience here.

Have you tried (temporarily) deleting preferences ? (rename don’t delete !)

Hi,

Is it the latest update, please?

yes…

If you use ilok to manage Eastwest Play license, it’s worth updating that too, if you have not already. Their last update mentioned addressing a bug when scanning plugins.

1 Like