After Closing Project a Transparent Screen not black

HI,

After my recent update of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to the April 2018 update my Cubase Pro 9.5.3 main screen now is “transparent” instead of black. I get the top heading bar with “File” “Edit” “Project” etc on it but no background. I can now see my desktop through it. Is this a bug? A feature? Do I need to reinstall? I am running Cubase Pro 9.5.3 as administrator.

Thanks for all info.

Standard behaviour. If you click on the menu bar you’ll get a coloure background back.

Why are you running it as Admin?

Thanks for the quick reply. I can’t recall why I’m running it as Administrator. I must have changed that at some point but why escapes me. The reason for my post is that previously (before my Windows update) I had a black background with the heading bar. Perhaps I should run as User instead of Admin? Maybe the update changed this? I have no idea. All help appreciated.

Hi planarchist - when I click on the menu bar I do not get the black background back. It has no effect.

double click.
But there is a bug there, it turns back to transparent if you go outside Cubase and back, last time I checked.

Thanks, peakae! I will experiment with those two things tomorrow and report back. The thing is, before my Windows update, when I went out of Cubase (like to consult this forum or the online manual) and came back it remained black. Functioning of Cubase doesn’t seem any different except for the see-thru window. Thank you for the answer.

Pretty sure I seen several posts reporting that after the Win 10 update (or maybe it was the update to CB 9.5.30 itself), Cubase 9.5.30 will not open maximized with the accompanying non-seethrough screen. It opens in a "restored’ state which let’s you see the desktop or whatever program is open.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Thanks Prock! It seems to work fine - it’s just weird. I will check if the window is maximized or not.

Similar posts…

Regards. :sunglasses:

So after a day of work my results are that the Menu Bar will not stay maximized. When I maximize it (by any method) the black screen returns and all is well BUT it just doesn’t stay that way. This behavior changed after the Windows April 2018 update. Cubase Pro 9.5.3 functionality is not affected - it works just fine.