After update, Dorico remains activated but thinks it isn't

I just installed Dorico 4.2 (prev ver was Dorico 4.0.x). When I start Dorico now, I’m shown a message that says: “To activate Dorico, switch to Steinberg Activation Manager and follow the prompts.” The only option given, other than to quit Dorico, is to relaunch the activation manger (though clicking it seems to do nothing). Dorico Pro 4 shows as “Activated” in the manager, and there are seemingly no prompts. What am I supposed to do here to be able to access the app as before?

It’s possible that Dorico is actually failing to launch for some other reason than the licensing itself. If you could attach some of your logs that will help us to work out what’s going on. Are you on Windows or Mac?

Mac (Monterey)

OK. Could you zip up the contents of /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Activation Manager and also /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 4 and post them here?

activationmanger.zip (45.3 KB)
dorico4.zip (19.4 KB)
Ok, thank you very much for taking a look.

I think you need to update your version of the Steinberg Activation Manager - you’re on SAM 1.2.10 and the latest version is 1.4. If you are using the Steinberg Download Assistant then this should have updated SAM for you, but if not you can get it from here: Steinberg Activation Manager | Steinberg

fixed, thanks

Great!