After updating to Cubase Pro 12 I can no longer open Pro 10 on a 2nd computer

Hi,

I have updated my main pc installation to Pro 12 (Win 10), no issues at all. However, I also run a Pro 10 installation on a Win 7 laptop. Until the 12 update, all I had to do to use this 2nd installation was to insert the dongle.

Today, I wanted to use the Pro 10 for the first time since updating to 12 on my main machine. Now, I only get No license found.

What to do?

I can still open Pro 10 on my main machine. Not on the Win 7 machine.

Any help much appreciated.

Best,

Magnus

I believe once you go to 12 You have to install the activation manager and let it know you’re running a second computer before you can use other programs

Hi,

And many thanks for pitching in. So this new procedure applies even to earlier versions like 10?

I will try.

Best

Magnus

Hm. The AM doesn’t seem to work in Win 7. Nothing happens when I click on its log in prompt…

This is frustrating.

Best,

Magnus

I’d update the elicenser software on the W7 machine to the latest version and see if that helps.

https://download.steinberg.net/downloads/eLicenserControlSetup.exe

1 Like

Thanks, I will try that.

Best,

Magnus

OK, so grz, you were right. Installing the latest elicenser ctrl ctr and running maintenance solved it. I have now been able to start C Pro 10.

Thank you so much for your help,

Magnus

This is exactly why I won’t be purchasing a Cubase 12 update any time. I also use Cubase on two computers, although both are Macs. My primary studio computer is of an age that it cannot be updated beyond High Sierra and therefore Cubase 12 cannot be installed on it. It is currently running Cubase 11.5 which is working perfectly! My other computer would be able to run version 12, but if I lose access to Cubase on my main studio computer, then I’m screwed. I don’t want to take that chance, so I’ll just stay put!

Well it was very easy for me to solve this issue.

Magnus

That’s good to know. Thanks.

1 Like