After using Create Tracks from Lanes, only top lane produces sound when solo'd

Had a track with a bunch of lanes from various takes. When soloing that track, I can solo each lane and get sound. But after using Create Tracks from Lanes, the only one of the new tracks that I can hear when Solo is activated is the one from the first (top) lane.

What’s going on here? How do I fix it? At a glance they all seem to be routed to Bus 1 for output.

Hi,

Are you talking about an Audio or MIDI/Instrument Track, please?

Every project I’m working with in Cubase recently and for the foreseeable future is audio-only. I guess it doesn’t occur to me to mention it because I’ve primarily been using Reaper in the past couple years and it makes no distinction–any track can have anything on it.

Hi,

In Cubase only one Lane is always active for the Audio Tracks. You cannot layer them. You can do so with MIDI only.

I understand that…but how does that relate to my problem? Every track created from lanes only has one lane on it. Only the original track had multiple lanes–and that’s the one where soloing worked for every lane. In the new tracks created from those lanes, soloing doesn’t work at all.

Hi,

Aren’t the Audio Event muted by any chance? Try to click on the Audio Event and use Edit > Unmute.

1 Like

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner. Thank you for alerting me to this.

But that raises the question, why does using Create Tracks from Lanes give you a bunch of tracks with muted events instead of treating them all like the unmuted track from the first lane, and is there some simple and direct way (like a preference setting) to stop that from happening, or is it just another bug?

The audio events keep their mute status from its original track. At least that’s my understanding.
And since only the first lane is audible, the rest are considered muted.
Right or wrong, I don’t know. To me it’s logical that after you run Create Tracks from Lanes, the same events are “on” as before the command was invoked. I’m sure it’s not a bug.

2 Likes