Aggressive noise during playback in WaveLab Elements 11

Apologies!!!

I’m new to this furum and I didn’t understand how it works at all! So, I want to make a new topic about wavelab Elements 11 that delivers an mysterious aggressive noise when playing music! So, I had never seen such problem on it since I use Wavelab!.. I used an old one since 2000 with true satisfaction and this curious noise begun to appear in demos of Wavelab one year ago! So, I noticed this problem last year as I downloaded a demo of Wavelab and I uninstalled it once! Last night, I purchased the new version of Wavelab Elements 11 and this aggressive noise persists again when playing or working on any music project on it! What to do?

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to the Dorico forum @lhupatech!

WaveLab - Steinberg Forums might be what you’re looking for?

PS Get Dorico anyway!

Hi!

Windows or OSX?
Built-in audio or other audio device?
playback of mp3 or wav file
does the audio sound good with other software ?
tell more and you get better answer…

regards S-EH

S-EHansson,

Thank you so much for your prompt news!

The OS is Windows 10 and 11

Effectively, the audio system is a built-In one! But, in the past, I used a boxed version of Wavelab Elements (that I have lost somewhere) and
The boxed version worked great with no hassles of any kind on the present computer! So,I noticed this problem with the newer versions of Wavelab as the demos of the 11 and 11.2
as well as the one I purchased two days ago at the Steinbergs Online Shop that suffers from the same problem! So, I opened well known audio files in the wav format
(that has a perfect sound on my system) and the problem persists on Wavelab! Did you think that it can be caused by a new filter, fonction now offered by Steinberg
on Wavelab that I can not understand? That’s the first time, in 20 years of use of your software, that I have experienced such a problem on Wavelab! So, I can send you a little
video demonstration of the problem using Wavelab Elements 11.2! That’s right? If it is, I will send it to you to give you an idea!

Regards,

André Ouellet
Customer

It’s better if you upload it here at this forum
then other users can help out as well and check…
One thing see in Master Section if there is any plugins
at start if there are take them away, just to start fresh

regards S-EH

You could try to erase this folder:
\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Elements 11\Cache\Window Config\

When does the noise happen? at playback start? During playback? What kind of noise?

The noise happens at once, as the playing begins! This, lengths until the end of the audio file! The noise itself is a kind of rumble extremely
hard to hear!.. So I prepare a domo video and I send it on the forum!

S-E Hansson,
Good news! So, I’ve found the problem! It’s an USB external audio device that causes the problem! Today, an idea came in mind: disconnect the device and try Wavelab itself, alone with headset connected directly on the computer’s soundcard! The result was concluent! Absolutely no noise at all! Solely Wavelab as I always got! 1001 Apologies for that! But, by the way, I get a new problem with that incompatibility of that device! So, I don’t know what to do! The external audio device makes possible to connect external or internal computer sound sources to record it on Wavelab or Audacity! Do you have an idea?

Hi!

No sorry I don’t know this Audio device
but try download drivers and check with WaveLab…

regards S-EH

Wavelab doesn’t work at all (Either no rumble noise!) with the new external sound device while Audacity works!.. So, Unfortunately, I have ordered a brand new device (i-e “Creative Sound Blaster X4”) compatible with all latest OS as Windows 10 and 11 and more as well as all latest game consoles available on the market with the hope to solve the problem and the problem remains! What’s the problem? Why Wavelab doesn’t want any devices of the sort while Audacity works great! But, I rather prefer Wavelab than Audacity! So, I’ve been using it since 2000’s! My computer hasn’t any input sound source device on the sound card, solely an headset output (Also used as speaker output) that’s it!!! Until today, I solved this problem using such devices! Do you have an idea? That’s the first time I have such bizarre problems with Wavelab!

I hope that you will find a solution!

Regards,

André Ouellet
Customer

Use a device with an ASIO driver.

S-EH, PG1,

1001 apologies! My problem is now solved! So, I missed installing the wire between the computer’s headset/speaker output jack and the new device’s input (line-in) jack! An idea that came to mind! So, I tested it and this, solved the problem for good!..

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

André Ouellet
Customer

1 Like