Album: Incontinental Breakfast

Hey Early,

just listened to your songs :slight_smile:
Although this is not my prefered music style your songs sound very good.
Fantastic clear, transparent and fat sound - really great recordings and compositions.

Keep on going!

Best regards
Chris

Thanks for listening, Chris!

Hey Early, this is great.

All of the songs sound polished, beautifully played, and ‘sunny’. I’m playing them all together and I’m getting a big grin on my face. Upbeat, great fun, and all-round impressive.

Steve.

Big congratulations on your CD. How long did it take you to put the whole thing together? However long it took it sounds awesome.

Steve, thanks. So glad you’re enjoying it. I think there’s still a reason to make an album. Also, thanks for pointing me to Alex Machacek and FAT. What a player! All three of them, really.

Thanks, iluvstrats. I guess it was about a year and a half ago that I concluded I should assemble an album out of tunes I’d been writing. A couple of the tunes were written over four years ago and are in the set list of my occasional band. I was trying to learn how to mix and making some progress, so wrote some more tunes and had a lot of fun putting them all together. Tweaked them forever, kept reading the mixing books, listening on all the speakers I had access to, and generally wasted a lot of time. Art work was a lot of fun too, the back cover especially, as I had to learn basic photo editing.

So it took a lot more time than it should have, except that it really had no purpose, so it took as much time as it required!

love this stuff Early ,i was jamming along with you last week ,and very nicely mixed and easy on the ears.wish i could get the same level of cosistancy .some of the tracks took me back to the “return to forever”.days.

Should have also mentioned - I love the effects you show on the back. No wonder you get such a unique sound.

FAT are quirkily good, aren’t they? Thank you for pointing me to Oz Noy! (Just to finish this off-topic digression: have you heard ‘I Want Groove’ by Rock Candy Funk Party? A friend played me a copy - first time I’ve enjoyed Joe Bonamassa. A big steaming slab of 70s funk, 2013 style!)

Steve.

Thanks, I guess you can tell I like the old RTF stuff…

Another good one - found it on YouTube. Interesting you say first time you’ve enjoyed Joe B. Me too. Great technical guitar player, but I have not been a big fan of his music. Saw him when he passed through town - a lot of effort to generate a vibe that never got to me. Maybe I’m too harsh. But I like this track.

Just an update.

Was pleased to give the Western CT Youth Orchestra a check for $400.00 last week. This represents the proceeds from sale of this album, rounded up a bit. Got very good support from many here… quite a number bought it, and I’m very grateful. The WCYO had its spring concert on Sunday, which featured a commissioned work by NYC-based jazz guitarist Chris Jentsch (www.chrisjentsch.com), which was a fascinating mix of complex orchestrations and a jazz-oriented guitar sound. Very interesting and satisfying work, and the orchestra held up its end. Anyway, thought some of the contributors would want to know what they were contributing to (although we were able to get a grant for Chris’s part).

Got very busy at work, but will catch up on the treasure that awaits me here in the Made-With-Cubase forum.

That is really cool, man!

I need to catch up on the music here as well …

:sunglasses:

That’s good news Early - sounds like a good concert, hope your son enjoyed it. Had a little listen to Chris Jentsch - sounds good.

Now for the difficult second album, eh? Will your son be expecting further donations?

Steve.

Actually, my son hasn’t been in this orchestra for a number of years. He’s busy developing his professional music career at this point.

My next album? At my pace, should be available around 2023!

Although, I can report, the real band has gotten active again – a new drummer has joined us who knows what he’s doing. He actually transcribed several of the drum parts of the songs on this album, and comes in with a notebook of music and sight-reads. Boggles my mind. I only ever work by ear. Turns out these drum parts I programmed are playable! Who knew?