Alignment Tool is not working

Hello!
Alignment tool is not working or I just don’t know how to use it?
In every new project I try to give it a chance. But in vain.
I try to bounce tracks beforehand to make them of equal length. I try to work only with double tracks ( there was a thought that it is not able to align different timbres - stupid but I had to try).
Vocal tracks that were almost in sync after the alignment tool become less in sync.
I watched the video where Greg Ondo shows how this tool works but in real world the alignment is far from alignment. It aligns nothing and every time it makes worse.
Yes, I can always do the alignment with hands but I could do it in version 9.5. Actually I’ve paid for the update mostly because of this tool.

May be I do something wrong? May be there is some kind of secret sequence of actions or right conditions for this tool to work?

Thank you!

Hi,

Could you describe the steps you do and the results you get, please? where is the result you wouldn’t expect? What would you expect instead?

Hello!
Steps are these:

1. comp all the takes of main vocal tracks and additional voices(doubles, thirds, fiths etc.).
  2. bounce
  3. Work with VariAudio
  4. bounce
  5. Alignment
  • cut tracks to parts (verse, refrains etc.).
  • Alignment is applied to parts (not to the whole song).
  • I do alignment for every track separately. I do not drag them all into the tool.

The result I expect :
Full alignment of all tracks with small amount of corrections that I should do with hands.
Audible “tightness” of aligned tracks.

The result I get:

• The aligned track doesn’t (closely) correspond to the reference.
  • A lot of manual corrections.
  • Long (final) words/notes are never shortened or extended (i.e. never corespond to the reference length)
  • all the results are extremely approximate.

Thank you!

Hi,

I’m sorry, I didn’t really get your reproduction so far.

What is your source/reference file? And what is the destination? What is your Audio Alignment setup? Could you share a dropbox link to a comparison? Like solo vocal mix before alignment and after?

Hi!
The reference file is a comped, aligned by hand and bounced audio track. It’s one of the main vocal tracks. The other tracks in a project are the targets.
The alignment setup changes every time after an unsuccessful try (with 100% precision setup). So I try to check/uncheck the setup boxes. Most of the time I press “Align Audio” the process makes tracks differ even worse than they were. The question is not in some artefacts (I’m fine with them) but in the situation when instead of making the tracks (reference and target) resemble each other the tool makes them differ.
I’ve sent you the links to the mixes via private message.

I don’t know how this tool works and may be I’m wrong but I have a feeling that it is somehow connected to the accuracy of the Hitpoint detection.
Although some people say that Hitpoint problem was solved in 10.0.20 version.

Thank you!

Hi,

Could you share the results, please? Or even better the material you are working on, to be able to try it here?

Hi!
Sent the links to the results via private message.

Hi,

Thank you for the PM examples. I have to agree, the manual alignment is much more accurate by you.