All 3rd Party Plug-ins - 'Load Preset' list missing

I ‘think’ I have installed all 3rd party plugins correctly as I am able to access the presets using the up & down arrows in the plug-in GUI window, however if I select the down-arrow menu option of ‘load presets’ the list dialogue box is empty, except for the presets I have saved since I had this issue.
There are no filters set that could exclude anything in the list (I have tried clicking on the reset filters button). For Steinberg plug-ins the list works perfectly.

In the plug-in manager I believe I have the paths for 3rd party locations entered (but Googling for Waves for example returns a lot of different windows folders), but I added a few to be sure and
I clicked on the refresh button which of course says ‘0 VST plugins & 0 instruments found’ and still the lists won’t appear in the dialogue boxes.
I’ve saved a screenshot to help explain my text : Dropbox - File Deleted

Anyone know hot to fix this please? Or does the list feature only work for Steinberg Plug-ins???

I’m on Windows 10 pro with Cubase 12.0.0 Pro - can’t update as had too many issues with Sonarworks, Audio Connections and crashes with later versions.

The plugin manager has nothing to do with this, and you should not add Plugin preset paths to the VST2 Plugin paths - only thing that will do is slow down plugin scanning…

Regarding presets appearing in Cubases’ preset management - this depends entirely on the plugin, some provide VSTpresets (usually “baked” in the product code of VST3 itself), some don’t. VST2 is legacy anyway and does not work with the VST3 preset system.
Most 3rd party plugins rely on their own preset management system (like the Waves plugins you had in your screenshot) that has nothing to to with Cubase’s presets. If that is the case, you are probably better off using the plugin’s preset system.

1 Like

Many thanks indeed fese!
I now fully understand all your explanation and have now deleted the VST paths. [EDIT: BIG MISTAKE=SEE POSTS BELOW]
I had known that VST2 wasn’t supported since C11 if I remember correctly, but didnassumed I’d still need those paths for VST3’s too so thanks for clarification. I simple refresh proves the point!

I remember seeing in a Youtube tutorial the Waves Harmony preset drop-down preset menus filed in various sections, but I had just assumed that they would also show in the Cubase preset menu too. Now I know that will just be for my custom saved presets.

Thanks again! Helpful folk like you make this forum the best!

VST 2 is still supported in Cubase 12 on Windows, or on MacOS if you use Rosetta mode.

1 Like

Actually, I just realised that having taken fese advise and removed the paths from the plug-in manager bottom window, I lost a lot of my VST2 plugins that work with Cubase eg Native Instruments Guitar rig & my project reported that it couldn’t find the plugin.
So I know Cubase stopped using 32bit (only allows 64bit) since C11? but it still allows VST2 if they are 64bit so don’t read this thread and delete all those paths in the plugin manager or you’ll have to reinstate some like I just have. Just check which paths have pllugins you don’t need before deleting them.
BUT THE ANSWER TO MY ORIGINAL QUESTION ABOUT ‘LOAD PRESETS’ MISSING WAS ANSWERED CORRECTLY BY FESE ABOVE IN THAT THIS CUBASE FEATURE WORKS MAINLY WITH STEINBERG PLUG-INS AND NOT ALL 3RD PARTY WHO USUALLY HAVE THEIR OWN PRESET MENU’S BUILT IN TO THE PLUGIN.

Actually this is still an issue. If you are using Cubase Pro V12 on mac. I have an Apple silicon macbook M1 Max. I also have UAD and subscribe to SSL native. The issue is that if you use Cubase under Rosetta (required for UAD-2) all presets disappear - from every plug in, from every manufacturer.