All AUv3 makes distortion on freeze or mixdown

Im having trouble using AUv3 synths in Cubasis. All the synths and sounds that comes with Cubasis is fine but all soft synths I have bought in AppStore creates a distortion when either freezes or making a mixdown.

Ok so this is what I have tried now: In Mixdown settings the realtime setting has always been switched on. I duplicated the project, deleted all other tracks and tried to make a mixdown, with all the different AUv3 synths I have… Bleass Alpha, Nimbus, Primer, Sunrizer, Synthmaster 2, Syntronik and Viking Synth. All with the same distorted result either as mixdown of freeze.

All the Synths that comes with Cubasis sounds fine both as mixdown and freeze, so it looks like there must be a AUv3 problem as all the external synths I have bought from AppStore gives me this problem, but not the internal Cubasis synths.

I also created a total new project, recorded a single note from the AUv3 Synths and tried freeze and mixdown, but same distortion. I also tried different options in mixdown like WAV, M4A, Include effect tail on/off, Normalize on/off but still all distorted… :slight_smile:

I have no external interface connected. I have tried restart… I’m using a 5th generation IPad Pro with iPadOS 14.7.1

When using the AUv3 synths the DSP is 21% at maximum.

What can be next? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @EngraverHand,

Thank you for your message.
So far we are unaware of any track freeze related issues with AU plug-ins.

Please give the following steps a try:

(1) Disable “Real-time Mixdown and Freeze” located under “Setup/Mixdown / Freeze”.
(2) Set "Audio Engine Latency"located under “Setup/Audio” to “OFF”.
(3) Go to “MediaBay/Projects/Templates” and load the “New Project” template via double tap.
(4) Close all running apps, including Cubasis.
(5) Fully shut down the iPad.

After having restarted the iPad, please give it a try to render your Audio Unit plug-ins via Track Freeze piece by piece (loading one 3rd party plug-in at a time, unloading it afterwards).

Maybe this helps to identify a 3rd party plug-in which creates the problem.

Please keep me update about your progress and findings.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Thank you, now it actually all works! :slight_smile: But it is strange… "Audio Engine Latency"located under “Setup/Audio” was already off… but now it sounds all right in mixdown too… now I just need to make some good music :slight_smile:

Hi @EngraverHand,

Thank you, now it actually all works! :slight_smile: But it is strange… "Audio Engine Latency"located under “Setup/Audio” was already off… but now it sounds all right in mixdown too… now I just need to make some good music :slight_smile:

Thanks for your updated message, glad to read that your problem could be solved by this.

Enjoy making good music
& stay safe and sound!
Lars