All Backed Up Project Audio Glitch since Hard Drive Failed

My god this is worrying as all my backed up projects are like this. Thee audio acts like it’s corrupted but it’s fine outside of Cubase.

I keep Cubase and all plugins installed on C. The other night My E drive failed (which contains purely my Cubase projects and large sample databases like Omnisphere/Trillian’s STEAM etc).

Not to worry i thought as i regularly back up my projects to external hardrives so it’s just a case of loading them from a different location. I haven’t yet replaced my E Drive so can only currently load the backups from my F External drive.

Obviously because Omnisphere and Trillian were on E i get a few '‘location not found’ errors when loading the project at the beginning - but all the audio loads as normal and all the audio sounds fine from within the backup Audio folders. It is when i playback in cubase certain audio tracks dont play despite the audio being there, others glitch white noise really loudly or pop and click. It’s like cubase is mixed up over what audio is on what track. A vinyl fx track i have plays abit of that track and then part of another, then white noise and pops etc.

Does anyone know whats happening? I reiterate the Audio within the backup folder works fine when played on VLC but not when inside Cubase.


I have found one thread with someone saying something similar here http://japan.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=48259

Hi wcb

I can’t help with the Cubase problem, although I have had failed Cubase data drives, but have you tried a program called GetDataBack by runtime software. It got me out of many problems with failed drives over the years. It may allow you to get the original data back

Best Regards

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks but the backed up projects aren’t corrupted. It’s more of an issue inside of Cubase. Im wondering if its getting confused and possibly wants to still be finding the project audio in E when infact i am now playing it from the F drive. All of the audio in the ‘audio’ file backup plays fine in VLC player but when it’s referenced in Cubase there is glitching. Its random as well which tracks are bugging out. I can open the project first time and the Vocals could be glitching or silent - then i could close it down and reopen it and the vocals be fine.

Just wanted to say i got my new HDD delivered off Amazon just now. Copied all the projects over and made the new drive the same path as my old one - ‘E\Audio\Cubase’ and the problem is completely resolved with the projects i have opened so far.