All my projects are starting with all tracks (and main output) turned down to -40.0db

I can’t figure out why this is happening, but it just started yesterday –existing projects (or new projects from any template) will start with everything turned basically all the way down. I then have to manually turn each one back up. But even if I save and re-open, the volumes will often go back down to -40.0 as seen here:

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 8.14.12 PM

Any idea why this might be happening?

I’m using Dorico 4 Pro on a MacPro 2013 running MacOS Monterey (and yes, I’ve restarted since!)

Look at Preferences–Play, and there’s a setting for default audio levels.

Thank you, I found that and sure enough it was all the way down. Strange as I never even touched that. I did recently do a plug-in re-scan and also reset my audio drivers, so maybe something in the background caused that to happen.

It’s a little odd that the slider doesn’t give a readout (I’d love to just set it to -6db or even 0) but hey, at least it works now. Thanks!

1 Like

I know this has been mentioned in the past at least once, as a FR, since such readouts are pretty standard for this type of work. Hopefully we will see it in the future.

3 Likes