All settings gone, Kontakt not recognized

Hi,

I posted this in the night in the “Issues” section, but this seems more like the right place (isn’t actually every question/problem an “issue”?):

As a newbie in Cubase - I came from Sonar only three months ago - I today re-installed Waves Audio’s Vox Collection, which caused problems when I first tried to install it some three weeks ago. Well, it certainly did it again: all my Cubase settings - keyboard shortcuts, templates, color schemes… everything - are now gone. And Native Instrument’s Kontakt 5 is no longer recognized, even though it worked fine just an our before the new installation. At the same time with the Waves installation I also updated Halion 6 to the newest version, but I hardly believe that’s the reason to the problems.

In Windows “Programs and features” window I notice that Native Instrument’s NIHostIntegrationAgent seems to be installed today, even though I have made no such installation. Strange. - Oh, and Cubase neither finds my EZDrummer 2 no longer, so Kontakt is not alone.

Rather annoying & confusing… Anybody has a clue?

WB
Win 10 Pro 1803, Cubase 9.5.21, Focusrite 212 (2nd gen)

Hi,

Cubase settings (preferences) is stored in the %appData% Steinberg/Cubase 9.5 folder. Please make a backup of this folder to save your settings. If the issue appears again, you can just copy this folder back to get your personal Cubase settings back.

Thank you Martin,

I will certainly make a backup of that folder when I’ve finally re-estblished my settings. Kontakt 5 and EZ Drummer 2 dll’s are now also restored. Everything will be fine… I hope.

WB

Just make sure that you update backup whenever you change something.

Just make sure that you update backup whenever you change something.

Yup. Promise.

WB

I can’t find that folder on my pc Win 7 64 bit

Google “can’t find appdata folder” for instructions on showing hidden folders.

One joint (Roaming) in the address path was missing in Martin’s reply. This is the correct address to that folder:

C:\Users*username*\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5_64