"All The Way Up"

A bit of Philly-disco-funk-white soul-pop flummery.

Dedicated to the one I love. :wink:

All The Way Up

That synth coming in at 1:50 is really cool, whatā€™s that? :smiley:
The intro isnā€™t exactly subtle, but after the initial shock the song was really nice :slight_smile:
I thought the mix was a little busy at times, with keys, guitars, strings etc all competing for attention.
I really like the drums, normally I would say the snare has too much bottom to it, but it suits the mix nice in this case. I thought the tambourine got a little annoying after a while, but thatā€™s only minor.

Another fine recording. Itā€™s a little different, but it still sounds like the Pearldivers. I like it.

I love it, great bass groove! :sunglasses:

The guitar playing is beautiful, as usual.
Great song!

Give my regards to ā€˜the one you loveā€™. :smiley:

Cheers,
Wim

ditto
Thanks Wim! You saved me some typing! :laughing:
Ease up there Jet or youā€™ll have yet another album on your hands before you know it! :slight_smile:

Stroph,

no extra synth at 1:50, itā€™s a pair of electric guitars. :wink:

I understand all your comments about the arrangement and mix.
Iā€™ve now added a drum roll at the start to soften the intro.

As to the rest, I saw the all the parts from Chorus #3 onwards as a mix challenge.
I wanted to retain them all, and I wanted them to swamp the listener with sound.
So my strategy was to I introduce each element as the song unfolded.
Once the end arrives, then, thereā€™s nothing new, and I guess if you could
still list all the parts you were hearing, maybe I was successful? :stuck_out_tongue:
Iā€™d like to think it works.

Ultimately, Iā€™m glad you liked the song. :smiley:

Thanks for listening.

Early,

thanksā€¦and thanks. :wink:

Hi Wim!

thank you, Iā€™m glad you liked itā€¦and the guitars. :wink:

The song had a long gestation period. Verse 1 dates from 1974,
the chorus is 1991 and Verse 2 was done in 2008. :astonished:
Praise the Lord for lyric scrapbooks! :laughing:

Cheers, the ā€œoneā€ is inspirational.

Ian,

thanks for the proxy comments! :laughing:
If I can keep up with your output this year Iā€™m doing well. :wink:

Cheers!

Great song, Jet. Loved it. You and Po look really good together in the piccie too :sunglasses:
My best to you both :sunglasses:
Cheers
Phil

theres some really cool and memoreable lines in there, very cool. I like the piano part popping octaves, thats a cool add. this is a grand production, I hear it as a full symphony backing you, I like that about it. and of course your slide work, Iā€™m listening. my own battle with it is makin me crazy but I lumber on with it.
good song jet, full and meaningful

Nice song Jet. I really like it. You mentioned trying to put alot of sound forward for the listener.
I think youā€™ve achieved that here. Many sounds to hear. You did a great job of keeping them from washing each other out. I was able to pick out the individual instruments and sounds no problem. I hope to be able to fit that much sound into a mix someday.
I have listened twice and one little thing sticks out to me. The keyboard/piano sort of ā€œBANGSā€ that first chord in each measure throughout most of the song. With the cymbal hit added it really stands out to me. It is a driving force in the song, no question, and I wonā€™t try to analyze it (as to good/bad/too much) any further than that!
Sincerely,
J.L.

Phil,

thanks for your comments. Iā€™m very happy you liked the song.
Thanks for the kind wishes for Popo. :wink:

Bob,

I appreciate your feedback. Glad you liked the symphonic aspect.
Hang in there with the slide, it will come. :wink: If I can fudge it, anyone
can! Thanks for listening.

Jas,

thank you for your review. Happy you could hear the mix elements.
I know what you mean about the piano. I will check my ā€œvelocitiesā€
( :laughing: ā€¦) um, I mean, my heavy handedness. :blush:

I am pleasantly surprised (relieved?) that this project is well-received.
Iā€™ve had doubts about it, sat on the recording for three years.
Cheers to my reviewers! Thank you, Iā€™m pleased.

bumpā€¦ all the way up! :wink:

ā€¦and bump again! :smiley:

just a shame your page is down at the momentā€¦more ā€˜fineā€™ tweeking ?? :wink:
Not to worry, I have heard it and as you know, I think its great.
Now that the man-flu has gone (woohoo) I just wanted another listen :smiley:

Cheers
Sav

nice vocals, sounds goodā€¦

Which of course is a Pearldivers signature :laughing:

I like it ā€“ itā€™s a bit different, like weā€™ve been goading you to do, yet retains
that characteristic Prealdivers aesthetic.

One thing I notice, I think; two things, actually: the volume level is a moderate oneā€¦ ANDā€¦ the lo bit-rate mp3 (which Bandcamp uses for streaming) sounds really very goodā€¦ something tells me these two things are related? And perhaps an indication of how posted tunes should be handled anymore

I forgot to mention that I loved the line ā€œI jumped the Gates of Paradiseā€ :sunglasses:

Hi Jet

A really very nice ballad. Sounds great here. I like the twin guitars, not quite ā€˜Lizzyā€™ :mrgreen: but very nice indeed. :sunglasses:

Sav,

thanks for the review. Yes, the mix was changed substantially
after you heard it. Iā€™m much happier with this one.

Cheers!

Jet