[All versions] Generic remote definitions : NRPN messages recognition broken...

Ive got NRPN working here just fine, but you have to change the “flags” value manualy
You can do this using a xml editor or a simple texteditor (like notepad on windows)
I’ts a bug in the generic remote.
It’s a known thing on the forum, sadly there is no mentioning of this in the cubase help.
If you do a search on NRPN in the forum among other posts explaing this you will find this helpfull link:

http://dejongh.dk/wiki/doku.php?id=cubase:control_automation_with_midi_cc#how_to_use_14bit_cc_in_remote_controls

How to use 14bit CC in Remote Controls
There is, indeed, a bug in Cubase which affects the 14bit NRPN messages on the receive side, however, this bug rests in the Generic Remote GUI rather than in the underlying control functionality. For a workaround, open the Generic Remote setup XML file, find the corresponding CTRL item in the CTRLTABLE section, and add 16 to the value of the FLAGS attribute. This is the trick which makes the 14bit NRPN messages being received properly. The Generic Remote GUI sometimes does not write the correct value of the FLAGS attribute into the XML setup file.

An example: If I set “Fader 1” to NRPN-Ctrl with the “R” (Receive) tag and the maximum value of 16383 then the corresponding item in the XML file looks like that:

Fader 1 2 0 1234 16383 1 Now, when I change the FLAGS value from 1 to 17 (1+16) and reimport the file into Generic Remote then Cubase starts responding to the incoming 14bit messages correctly! What a magic!

Modifying Remote Control Devices
Cubase only register changes to a Remote Control device when the device is saved. So until the bug is fixed remember to save your Remote Control device when you change it.

Also, for getting relative NRPN to work you can find these posts: