Allow Feedback Routing.

Hi, some advanced mix and production techniques require so called feedback routing.
I can understand why it is not allowed, since it can create audio-disaster in the wrong hands, but please make this an option anyway (well hidden on the prefs ofc :slight_smile: )

cheers

1 Like

+1

+1 please. For example, I’d really like to have tape echo with other effects in the feedback loop, e.g. distortion, but this isn’t possible right now unless you feed back through your audio device.

I wonder if there’s a plugin which can re-route the audio to a partner plugin earlier in the chain?? Can’t find anything…

Maybe BlueCat’s will add this to their Patchwork plugin?

Mike.

It’s possible through many interfaces’ software without real cables :laughing:
Loopback mode on RME TotalMix, seen such capabilities in other interface mixers as well. (Nonetheless it’s not as convinient as it could be.)

One application that doesn´t aim for psychedelic feedback echoes is: Treatment of a compressors´detector signal(side-chain). So, if you want to build a de-esser from a normal compressor (with no eq for the detector signal) you send the original signal to another channel where you treat it accordingly and send it back to the channel´s compressors side-chain input. Classic studio trickery that should be awesome to be able to do in Cubase.

thanks

I would like feedback routing to be available also. I realize this thread is from 2014 but it’s the most relevant and popped up first in search.

My issue: wanting to route a track whose input is an outboard compressor, to a Group with the outboard compressor as its output. As long as I’m not monitoring on the track being routed to the Group, there will be no feedback. And I can control this.

You cannot get signal which is being calculated. It is only possible to get signal from the last calculated buffer, that is 1xASIO buffer ago. Is this good for you? If not ask for a time machine as a feature request.

1 Like

Hey,

apparently the digital way to go requires some less supported and off the shelf software routing capabilities via VST plugins since Cubase internally doesn’t allow such routing capabilities.

However, the analog way should be easily accessible for almost everyone with an interface that supports more than 1 stereo output. For this approach you might want to

1. enable multiple outputs in “Audio Connections”
  2. send your signal to a separate pair of outputs
  3. patch analog outputs into your interfaces inputs
  4. add new track, record-enable, enable monitoring, disable output, send back to source input

to achieve volume controlled feedback…!

Edit: please only go ahead with this routing by low-volume listening as it might blow your speakers or even worse, eardrums when not properly controlled. This method requires “Real Time Export”.