Allowing users to disable certain bundles?

This is a simple idea from PreSonus Studio One: If someone doesn’t want certain functionalities shipped with the software, he could just simply disable the related bundle(s).

Now Cubase 9.0.30 finally shipped with a new video engine, but it causes trouble to some users (probably due to its lack of maturity).

Personally I think it will be helpful if developers could make bundles be able to get disabled / enabled in Cubase. If this became true, users could simply disable the video bundles to bypass all crashes caused by video engine.

Some of these can already be disabled in Devices > Plug-in Information.

The ones that you can’t, you can disable with a DIY approach. In the Components folder, rename the unwanted service’s extension to .dll.bak and it will not be loaded. I did this for the Steinberg news hub. (hubservice.dll), but you can also do that for the video engine: videoengine.dll

Disabling the video function… Sounds like a good idea to me. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

To disable the video engine: Press Windows+X, open Command Prompt (Admin). Copy/paste:

ren "%ProgramFiles%\Steinberg\Cubase 9"\Components\videoengine.dll videoengine.dll.bak

To restore the video engine: copy/paste:

ren "%ProgramFiles%\Steinberg\Cubase 9"\Components\videoengine.dll.bak videoengine.dll

Thanks, I hope this helps the OP… but, as explained in my feature request I would rather Steinberg do the programing. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

I think that’s a pretty passive way to use software. But sure it would be nice to have it all selectable in the GUI.