Alt-click, copy-paste and dynamics issues

In the attached example I discovered a couple problems that may need some attention:

• When using alt-click for copy/paste it’d be nice if the pasted objects could stay active so I don’t have to re-select if I’m about to copy/paste for example dynamics into a couple of players.

• When trying to paste dynamics into the 1:st violin (copy-paste), vertical aligned with vln 2 it’s not possible to paste it in to the 2:nd G. Only way to do it is with alt-click.

• It’s not possible to add dynamics on the vcl-part at all on the long tied note. The only way to do it is to alt-click dynamics from another player.

• It’d be nice if it was possible to paste (cmd-V) objects into more than one player at the time.

I guess this is already on your todo list, but I haven’t seen any comments on this so far. :slight_smile:

• When using alt-click for copy/paste it’d be nice if the pasted objects could stay active so I don’t have to re-select if I’m about to copy/paste for example dynamics into a couple of players.

This is an acknowledged bug.

• When trying to paste dynamics into the 1:st violin (copy-paste), vertical aligned with vln 2 it’s not possible to paste it in to the 2:nd G. Only way to do it is with alt-click.

I think you should be able to press Return to show the caret, position it where you want the paste to occur, then press Ctrl-V.

• It’s not possible to add dynamics on the vcl-part at all on the long tied note. The only way to do it is to alt-click dynamics from another player.

The same - it is possible, I think.

• It’d be nice if it was possible to paste (cmd-V) objects into more than one player at the time.

Agreed, perhaps the team will comment on this possibility.

We do plan to support “multi-pasting” in due course.

I think you should be able to press Return to show the caret, position it where you want the paste to occur, then press Ctrl-V.

Yes, it works but since the caret shows up in the beginning of the tied note I then have to step forward with the arrow to the insert point.
Well, I guess this will be fixed in the future, but anyway. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think this is by design - the caret will appear at the start of the selected note, when you begin note entry mode.

You can press Ctrl-Right to jump to the start of the next bar.