Alternate part layouts not appearing in print mode

Hello! I’m running Dorico Pro 3.5.10 on a Mac. (…confession time: It’s running Big Sur, which I believe is still not officially supported.) I have two alternate layouts for a part - in this case, one for horn in F and one for horn in Eb. When I go to the Print menu to create PDFs of them, I can create one for the F part but the Eb part just shows up as a blank screen, and I can’t create a PDF of it. This seems like it may be a bug, but perhaps I’m just missing something - or perhaps someone knows a workaround? Thanks very much for any help anyone may be able to offer!

Does the part definitely have at least one player and flow assigned to it?

Yes - I wrote the Eb part first, then copied the layout and used the new “clef and transposition override” feature to create the F part, so they both refer back to the Horn in Eb instrument in Setup.

Hi Scott.
Big Sur is supported for quite a while now. M1 chips are not, yet :wink:

Another thing to check is whether there’s a page range set in the panel on the right in Print mode. If not and everything otherwise looks fine, perhaps share the project here so someone can investigate.

I have 3.5.10 running just fine on an M1 machine here.

1 Like

Yes, we know they work, and fast. But are they supported yet?

Not officially, but I’ve not noticed any problems.

Hi Lillie, that did the trick! Sorry to miss something so basic - I hadn’t ever selected a page range that I can recall, so I hadn’t even looked at that option. Thank you again!

1 Like

Thanks Marc, I must have missed that but it’s good to know.