Alternating time signatures and rhythm section part

Hi all. I’m doing an arrangement of “My Favorite Things” for my combo in 11/4 and I want to have it be notated as 3 bars of 3/4 followed by 1 bar of 2/4 then it just repeats that cycle, WHILE showing the time signature change each time as a courtesy for the rhythm section. Is there any way that I can do this without having to do it manually? I know the alternating time signatures feature already but it doesn’t show the change into 2/4.

Also I wanted to see if there’s a way to just input a single treble clef keyboard staff and occasionally add the bass clef staff if i want to add a bass line in to cut down on the number of parts necessary and have just a dedicated “rhythm section part” where I could lay out the chords and bass lines and all that kind of stuff. Any help would be much appreciated.

Time signatures - with the popover, it’s quite fast. In the time I’m taking to reply, I could probably have the entire document set up, or nearly so. No mouse, just keyboard and arrows!

Yes, create a typical instrument like a flute or violin; change the name, and change the sample to piano. Then click to add or remove a staff as desired.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I was also wondering if there was a way to have dorico playback a different sound for certain sections. Since the rhythm section part is more condensed I want to write somethings in the staff as guitar parts, others as piano parts and some others as bass parts. Is there anyway to set certain bars to play back in these sounds or is that not possible?

Not currently, no. There’s been talk of this being available in the future, but currently it’s one sample per staff.

The other way to produce a keyboard part that sometimes has one staff and sometimes two is to use the option ‘Allow individual staves of multi-staff instruments to be hidden’ on the Vertical Spacing page of Layout Options.