Alternative strategies for bar repeats?

Well, I’ve tried the evaluation version and read the pdf and manual: was looking for advanced features and Dorico is indeed a very valuable and very powerful soft. The best I’ve tried so far (finale, sibelius…).
And I’ve waited for about a year to make sure the 1st bugs were fixed and basic features all implemented…

In that case you’re missing the point. If the developers saw this as a basic problem with a basic fix, they would have implemented it by now.

They evidently see it as a problem that’s worthy of a clever, intuitive solution that needs time and thought, and don’t make a habit of introducing quick sticking plaster solutions that will be made redundant when the real solution is implemented.

You seem to assume nothing can be overlooked by the developpers? That feedback from users is pointless?
I think a reminder that this device is really needed would not harm :wink:

I do not think anyone has claimed that measure repeats are not needed. Certainly the development team has not.

I absolutely assume that nothing that is posted on this forum is overlooked by the developers - I’m about 99% sure that every single post is read by at least one member of the development team, and user feedback DOES shape the development roadmap.

I know that this post dates from six months ago, but if the development team say something’s planned then it’s planned: Feature request: repeat previous 1/2/4 bar symbols - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

My personal suspicion is that is that repeat bar symbols may be put to one side until slash notation and possibly even guitar notation are solved, on the basis that a significant proportion of those who want repeat bars will also want slash notation (and vice-versa) and both notations are more frequently used in pop/jazz/theatre than in classical music. This is pure supposition, and I’ve been rehearsing post-minimalist music today, typeset in Dorico, that could’ve benefitted greatly from bar repeats (or at least a count above the repeating patterns).