Always prevent amalgamation on condensing

I probably spend too much time looking at old music copies from before the days of books like Stone and Gould, and asking myself the question “what (if anything) did this guy mean by engraving those two bars different from the previous two?”

Similar to trying to decide if “sf” and “sfz” actually mean two different things, or if the editor (or composer) was just careless, or if the reason for the lack of the “z” was that simply that the engraver ran out of space…

Am I halucinating (which might not be surprising), or has Daniel mentioned the possibility of giving more options in condensed slurring somewhere down the road?

No, I don’t think there’s anything further planned for slurs specifically concerning condensing at this stage.

I’m having a similar trouble, but I’ve tried everything, using condensing change, making sure to prevent any sort of amalgamation. Still, the slur refuses to show up. Do you have any advice? See below example of the bassoon in the second measure of its playing part.

In your case, RWW, I expect it’s the pitch-crossing in the bassoon part; Dorico doesn’t amalgamate music where pitch crossing occurs, because it would then be unclear which note in the dyad is to be played by which player.

Thank you, I will try that right now!
Edit: I tried switching the two notes so that there isn’t any note crossing, but that did not work.

If you want to cut down your project to just a small chunk that still reproduces the problem and attach it here, I’ll be glad to have a closer look at it for you.