Always the 80s

So I spent this weekend in my homestudio, creating music, working on a few songs I’d like to finish at some point.

Then I send some stuff I created to a friend of mine who responds with “thats amazing but I nearly fell from my chair”.

Me: “huh why?”

He: “if they’d look for a new theme song for the first Rocky movie, you’d be in… always the 80s”

Anyone else with a similar issue? :stuck_out_tongue:

when i first heard “eye of the tiger” i thought it was Journey . i know that aint your point .
stuff i wrote in the 80s still sounds like the 80s to me ,its how the melodys and chords were constructed which resemble "level 42 " and others of that time . nowadays i make an effort to try keep them neutral sounding if thats possible, i find Bob Dylan ,REM and even Tom Petty ,people of that style are pretty timeless and seem to work at any time .

You make it sound like there is anything wrong with the 80’s :slight_smile:

81`s were more or less the same.

“Eye Of The Tiger” is Journey? I thought it was Kansas.

My thoughts exactly…however late 1960’s and early 1970’s does it for me and since then, I am completely out of touch with “music” today.

Post of the year :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Words fail me. S U R V I O R

So why is it an issue? If you love 80s music and that’s your thing then surely it’s a compliment for someone to easily identify it as being a style from that era? Surely it would be worse if he thought your 80s music was from a different decade?

If I had THAT amount of skill, I would sound like Pink Floyds “Momentary Lapse Of Reason”. :smiley:

And maybe you haven’t and you can only sound like Eye of the Tiger? :smiley:

Can I upload an MP3 here?

dont know if you can upload here(dont think so) but you can open an account with soundcloud or bandcamp ,upload your track to their site ,then copy and post the url
(link )to the soundcloud page on here.
when you copy the link highlight it then click the url button when you are writing your post

Or the same mom.

it’s all about the iron duuuude!!

:laughing:

Oedipus Driftpunch - what a charmingly subversive user name, you MF! :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: