Am I in audio Heaven?

Upgraded to 8.5 and things have just got betterer and more betterer… :smiley: :smiley: after all the hassle I’ve had with Cubase recently
this is just amazing…my performance meter is hovering around 5% on projects that on 8 maxed out and stayed red for ever…
and this is without changing anything on my ‘puter’ system…
used to get white screens for maybe 1/4 sec but now not a sign of white…just…BANG… and it’s on…

amazing!!

I was in the process of moving over to Mixbus 3 …very slowly because doin music is my first priority,
Mixbus 3 runs (for me ) very smooth…no performance issues…no crashes, it doesn’t recognize some of my plugs but I knew that before I bought it…
but if Cubase is gonna run like this then I’ll be staying with Cubase…it is a better DAW for sure…and I know it so can stop learning another DAW…

Still think a lot of the stuff should’ve been in a normal free update though…

best, kevin :smiley:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cubase!! :smiley:

Well, it is now but it wasn’t recentely (for me at least)
just wish the updates were not so scary…will it be a good move and improve things :question: …will it be a bad move and make things worse :question: … we never know, and what’s with this carrying faults forward thing :question: :confused:

best, Kevin :slight_smile:

Hi
I am glad that this time a lot of the issues have been resolved. I had a similar experience with 6.5 which I thought was bloody awful. It was not helped by the thought that everyone else thought it was great. Crashes - freezes- sound drop-outs you name it, C7 and it was all gone. It left me wondering what had caused it as like you my system was exactly the same. A clash of code somewhere with something I use a lot probably.
I hope you have a smooth ride with 8.5.