Amp ENV Attack to Note Expression

I’m trying to set up amp env attack time as a note expression, but can’t get any response when drawing in values on the midi track.

Source: Note expression x
Destination: Amp Env Attack Time
What’s wrong/missing in the mod matrix?

Appreciate any help.

In fact, I can only get the amp release to work with a predictable result when drawing in values.
Anyone who know how this is supposed to work? Or like to get your hands dirty and do some testing on your own?
After all, Amp Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release are destinations in the modulation matrix.

I may look into it.

Now that you mention it, I can see a need for this. Actually adjusting per note attack on the fly would be sweet in any case.

Sometimes, I avoid these things because they turn a music session into a troubleshoot, google session, and I never have enough time for it.

Then you don’t want to spend as much time as I did over two days trying to figure this out :wink:

I’ve concluded that the reason the amp, decay, sustain and release env are listed as destinations in the matrix is to enable use of the quick controls, and that note expression won’t work. If you or anybody else should prove I’m wrong I’ll be happy to hear about it.

:laughing: Yup! I remember making my attempt to bring a bunch of control into VSTEx, and running into walls. But that was awhile ago.

I have heard of some QC and expression conflict/limitations, it could be true.

I guess I’ve in the past tried to tie velocity to attack, and use expression for velocity… but of course it depends on particularly what you can or cannot get away with.