Amped Elektra not appearing

I have upgraded my C11 Pro to C12 with the current Cubase Sale and I have installed all included “bonus” products.
There seems to be a problem with Amped Elektra.
The Steinberg Download Assistant reports the product as regularly installed (Halion Sonic SE is installed too) and the eLicenser Control Center shows, inside the USB dongle, the Amped Elektra license.

Amped Elektra, however, does not show up in the HS SE instruments list.
This happens both in C12 (with or without dongle) and in C11 (with dongle).

Am I missing something?

Please update the bundled Steinberg plugins to the latest versions and follow these instructions:

It could be as simple as looking in the wrong place. There is no instrument called Amped Elektra, it is a collection within HALion Sonic.

Try this:

Create an instrument track and select HALion Sonic - you eventually get the complicated list of instruments, note the Load, Edit etc menu above the categories. Beneath that is an orange list selector, which contains “All instrument Sets”

Select it: you should now see a graphical list of all the installed instrument sets, including, hopefully, Amped Elektra.

Selecting that will show you the names of the presets that are built with the Amped Elektra and you can then select them. When you have selected them you can select Edit (at the top of the lists) and you can see the Amped Electra editor. Once you know an Elektra preset, you don’t need to worry about selecting the set to get to the editor, you can just go to the Keyboard/Electric Piano selections and choose one you know is Elektra.

As most people don’t mess with the instruments as by default they’ve only had the default packs and edit isn’t all that interesting, it’s easy to miss.

I’m afraid I already know that.
As I said in my first message, “it does not show up in the HS SE instruments list”.
Thanks for your wish to help, anyway.

Thanks for your answer.
I already had updated HALion Sonic SE to its latest version.
I followed the suggested instructions (by the way, I never installed any trial version of HALion Sonic), but Amped Elektra is still missing.

I take this opportunity to ask for a… side clarification:
as I saw that the Amped Elektra license gets stored inside the USB eLicenser, shall I infer that Amped Elektra can be run only when the eLicenser is plugged in?

If the license was stored in the USB-eLicenser, then you’ll need to keep it connected to your computer to use the library. When it makes the switch to Steinberg Licensing, you’ll be able to redeem a voucher that will allow you to use it without the dongle.

I’m just checking in case we have misunderstood each other. I;ve come across the same problem with the Verve Piano where people can’t find it, so I thought it was useful to be sure.

To be clearer on my part, there is no instrument within HALion Sonic called Amped Elektra either. Just wanted to be clear you were not expecting to see something called Amped Elektra under Keyboard | Electric Piano in HALSonic. It really depends what I think you mean by instruments list :grinning:

See below, Ballad Times is an Amped Elektra:

Hi
I was having similar issues the other day after a complete re-install of Windows and Cubase.
I discovered this little button by complete chance!

Click the little refresh icon - highlighted in red - called ‘Rescan Disk’.
rescan disks 2

All my missing sets appeared, including Verve.

This also applied to Groove agent SE.

Hope this helps someone!

Best wishes

1 Like

No misunderstanding, I’m afraid.
Thanks for your help, anyway.

I tried the button, but sadly Amped Elektra did not appear.
Thanks anyway.

Does the Steinberg Library Manager list the library as installed?

Brand new to Cubase…been using Cubasis, and decided to take the leap. Had the same issue with Amped Electra. Did a search on the computer to locate the file created by the download. In it was an executable file that completed the install of the software for Electra. Following that, the instrument simply needed to be added to the library. It’s an ok instrument, but I got spoiled by owning a half dozen Wurlys, …hope this helps somebody.

Thanks a lot for your very useful hints.
Clearly I had done something wrong during the installation.
Problem solved.
At least as far as Amped Elektra is concerned.
As to my occasional… blunders, the problem remains; and it’s even worsening, I guess. :]

We all learn most profoundly from our mistakes. It took me two days, off and on, to figure out most of these add ons, and I don’t have all of them functional yet. The process could benefit from a few instructions, which are blatantly absent. I suppose it’s meant to be an adventure! :rofl:

I’m having the same problem here! My voucher for Amped Elektra says “used.” And I remember registering it when I was installing Cubase 12, but then forgetting it until now.
I can’t remember if I downloaded the program or not though! If it’s in downloads, what would the file be called?

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm…
I copied the code and tried downloading amp elektra via the Steinberg store. When I entered the code, it said “Sadly, the coupon is invalid.”

What can I do?

1 Like

Check if it’s installed by using the Steinberg Library Manager.

If you activated your download access code, it should also should show up under “My product downloads” and your MySteinberg account.

I couldn’t access Amped Electra till i did this:

Using Windows search look for Amped Electra. That search took me to an exe file (called Amped Electra).
Don’t recall where my computer put it, but opening the exe file completed the install to my computer. Following that, I was able to add it to the Steinberg library. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Please note that Amped Elektra has never used an .exe installer. It’s delivered as two .vstsound files:

• ADD_SMT_819_Amped_Elektra_Presets.vstsound
  • ADD_SMT_820_Amped_Elektra_Samples.vstsound

They can be double clicked to register the library to the Steinberg Library Manager.