An experiment with Wagner's Tristan

Hi,

It started as an experiment on reverb, and ended up with a little small mix of the beginning of Act III. Not the easiest piece to virtualize.

http://www.studio-magazine.com/music/musichealtri/wagner/Wagner-Tristan-III-Prelude-2020-11-24.mp3

Paolo

I’ve made some changes to the first version. While I had gone for a dramatic marcato, I now decided for a smoother one. That is more correct, from a musical point of view.

I’ve worked the Solo Violoncello line more finely. The tools supplied by Dorico are complete, even if I would find more comfortable a line tool capable of merging end points, and parallel CC lanes.

Paolo

Great work, ptram.

Thank you, DaddyO! Let’s see up to where I will be able to bring it up to!

Paolo

Waouh Paolo, that is impressive! What libraries do you use?

Marc, you are right, I forgot to mention it. It’s all VSL VI, full edition, processed though MIR.

Paolo

I’ve updated my little Wagner. I’ve worked a lot on the attacks and releases, and on the balance between solo instruments. This piece requires the finest chisel on each individual note.

(Oh, I would have loved multiple CC lanes and a way to select a different CC in edit on multiple tracks…!)

Paolo

I’ve added some EQ to the master. Something I had to rediscover while looking for an EQ, it is that you have to enable (some) VST plugins in the Preferences.

Paolo