An idea for the future

Hey!

So this is not a question. More of a suggestion.

Although I haven’t tried Groove Agent 4 yet, I already have a great idea. :nerd:
Been watching the introduction and available tutorial videos and I was thinking to myself, wouldn’t it be cool if Steinberg added another agent in the form of a drum synthesizer? Who’s feelin’ it?
Why not add more agents in the future and not just samples and patterns? Then it would truly be one step closer to an ultimate drum studio.

I will definitely take the GA4 trial for a spin. I tend to use SE4 in Cubase quite a lot. I like the integration.

Have a nice day, forum users! :wink:

Fiable idea there, Flip. I like it! +1 (Oops, will I now count as one of the useless ones?)

Likely GA4 is based on the HALion engine, and they are releasing it with a relatively small coverage of e.g. styles (which can be read about in other topics). If this is the case, it would suggest that such things probably just has been cut from initial release, and left for later upgrades. It may already be that the synthesizer engine is being employed by the Beat Engine and just isn’t available with an editor yet.

Lots of ideas and only so much time to cram it all in. :slight_smile:

I have high hopes. It seems like their joint efforts with Yamaha developers are starting to pay off.

Steinberg should fully take advantage of this opportunity to offer users ways to expand GA4. They have been lacking in this department, in my opinion. I’ve always felt it’s a shame they don’t offer more quality content for HALion, for instance. Seems like a wasted opportunity. A little bit. :unamused:

Yes, a “Synth Agent” would be nice.

“Synth Agent” I like that.
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that title already excisted in Eastern Germany during the Cold War. :laughing:

Why would they do that… then you wouldn’t buy HALion

Because it would be convenient. Although I could use HALion for both drum samples and drum synthesis I’d rather use dedicated software for each task. Maybe that’s just me? :nerd:

Right now I often use FXpansion Geist and Tremor for drum samples and drum synthesis respectively. It would save me a lot of time, give me much more control and speed up my workflow if I could use both software as one. Arturia Spark 2 offers this possibility. Unfortunately I’m not really a fan of its drum sampler and the synthesis is a bit complicated, as it is modular. :unamused:

This funcionality in GA4 would be plenty awesome due to its tight integration with Cubase. :slight_smile:

I would like to see a resizable GUI and undock like H5. I find it to be to small to work with
on hi resolution screens