An Issue using expression maps for Vienna Symphonic Library and Cubase, resolved

Expression maps are very handy devices and I’ve finally learned how to use them with Vienna Instruments where their deployment is crucial to efficient workflows. Now that mine are loaded I get unwanted audio output at various times like starting and stopping using the enter key in the midi editing screen. Also certain mouse activities induce a brief outburst from the cello instrument that is loaded.
Wondering if anyone else has this experience, again, only speaking of use with VSL patches.
Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered.
Using Cubase 11.0.41, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H1
Installed on 7/‎27/‎2020, OS build 19043.1348, Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz, Installed RAM 32.0 GB Audio: Universal Audio, Apollo Twin USB connected to USB 3.0, Oxygen 88 midi controller connected via MOTU micro lite Midi.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I don’t know, if this helps to you, but as far as I know, most of Vienna users switch the ASIO Guard off in Cubase. Maybe if you do this, the artefacts would stop.

Thanks for jogging my memory-seems like someone else told me this three years ago.
I have 195 vst entries that have to be clicked on. Looking to delete a lot of those. :unamused:

Hi,

You can disable ASIO Guard completely in the Studio Setup. Or you can disable it for the specific plug-in in the Plug-in Manager.

Welcome @rverne10.
Please use the “Scoring” tag for the Score Editor only.