An open plea to Steinberg

Hello all,

I have said this probably a 1000 times by now, the fact that sometimes there is no reply does not mean that nobody is reading the threads, please have in mind that the forums are moderated by Steinberg employees on their spare time, and we do not have much… We know you don’t like the pop up buttons, hell, I don’t like them, does the development team knows that, yes they do!!! We will do something about it, yes we will.

It does not work that way, the fact that we have different products and different teams and developers does not mean that resources have been taken or could have been used on Cubase, it is like a Steam engine, there is a certain amount of coal that you can throw into the fire, and the Cubase team is always on full steam, there is only one Engine and one rail and one destination. If we have a good release for Cubasis it just means that the developers involve (which only do iOS and Cubasis) are good, period!

You should have a look at XI-Machines: http://www.dawplus.com/index.html we work very closely with them, they provided the computer for our studio, and it works great, but all good things come with a price :wink:

Cannot reproduce this on my MacBook Pro not even running Cubase Pro 8.5 on Parallels on Windows 10… this kind of issues are hard to pinpoint because there is no way you can create an easy repro… no repro no bug…

You want to know what is coming in Cubase 9? Well here it is:

Loopmash 3!! Chorpads 4, Hypersonic 2001, a brand new project page with no Key commands, we removed mouse support, so you will have to use Siri or Cortana to get things done, and finally gesture support, so you will have to enable your camera, and use signs, don’t worry you will receive a 3000 pages PDF with all the supported gestures :sunglasses: :smiley:

Jokes aside, here is how it is, divide the software in 3 parts: Features that you didn’t know that you needed that might or might not be used on your daily workflow. Features requests and the features that could be implemented in time, improvements and fixes.

Best regards,
GN

Somebody from Steinberg just came out of hibernation…wow!! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Thanks for your replies Guillermo. I believe this is affecting larger screens than your laptop that you’re using to replicate the issue. My iMac is 27 inch and it’s clear that I’m not the only one with graphic issues with larger mac screens.
So far I’m seeing in on fresh installs of Mountain Lion, Yosemite and now El Capitan and as you probably see in my signature I’m also using Steinbergs UR28M hardware and drivers.

Hello,

This is off topic, please open a new thread about it on the Bug reports forum, I have also an external monitor connected to it, and on the 3 screens that we have in the Studio I have not suffered from this behaviour…

Best regards,
GN

BWAHAHAAHA!

Winter Rat, was it already too late when i posted this problem/request back in July 2015??

come on now. We still have to resort to using a hex editor and hacking our vst3 plugins to change their name? And this has been a major flaw in the Plugin Manager since it was introduced in C7.5.

Too late for C9 pffft give me a break. If its not fixed in C9 it will be a great big slap in the face for Cubase users and this forum. Why it wasnt already fixed in C8 (plenty of posts about this as soon as C7.5 came out) or even C8.5 (ignored) is bewildering. Only possibility is that $teinberg dont listen to their users or read this forum.

Lets see how many more half-baked new features they pile on top with C9 instead of going back and fixing features like this one they introduced several versions ago.

Im very much looking forward to C9. WE…SHALL…SEE.

So again you have ignored my request for a hard copy, I mean limestone or granite! C’mon Steiny! ← pun intended

Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally with you I just say obvious things, that the train #9 is off and we have nothing to do about it just wait for the release and celebrate the victory or bemoan our naivety. :laughing:

Hello all,

To be honest, we have a list of more than 3500 feature request… it is simply to much, and each user has their top feature request list, it is almost imposible to know what and which are really the most wanted needed. Some users will have their wishes come true and some will just have to wait, on the other hand, it is a good thing that we have so many requests, it means we have ideas and features to implement for the next 50 years, or more!

Also, the online forums and communities does not represent the totality of our user base, most experts say, that regarding online communities; 10% of the members generate most of the content and 80% are passive users while the other 10% are moderators and sporadical contributors.

So, what features are included are based on: Yes, the forums and what feedback we gather from here and other online communities, our artists and request from professionals. E.g. Look at the Steinberg Pro sessions that is only a small sample of what happens when we have artists, producers, composers in-house that actually spend time with the developers and we receive direct feedback from them.

Best regards,
GN

Thanks Guillermo,
My number #1 feature request right now is, “post it” notes…

any favours I can do to make this happen?

edit

Actually, now that I think of it… Render in Place with an option for 'Bypass Fader" is probably my #1. :sunglasses:

Hello Guillermo. How about… a poll?

Ask US the users what features are more important. I´d be THRILLED to do that kinda thing.

Oh and since we got your attention.

My top request is: Mix Console Undo. If you have ANY way to raise attention to this one, that would be awesome.

Hello,

You are supper late to the party! We already did that long time ago, in the before, before times and your request was number one… Please read the following thread: Cubase customer feedback survey - #3 by Tim_Grunwald - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Best regards,
GN

Well this is good news Guillermo, but it really IS news. It’s one thing to repeatedly say people are reading, but that’s not enough I’m afraid. There are hundreds, thousands of threads here, and not every one will be either listened to or acted upon.

If there is literally nobody available to make any response to anything on Cubase - unlike Cubasis - then that right there is a situation that needs to be addressed. Why is it only a job in a Sternberg employee’s spare time to actually tell customers what you are all doing? Are we that far down the priority list?

I must admit, I thought that when the Steinberg Cubase team had its pow-wow at the end of the year, some form of basic ongoing communication with its customers would be pretty high up the to-do list. I for one appreciate every contribution you make Guillermo, and make a big public thank you here for doing so. But there needs to be something ongoing, feedback to the issue and bug report threads when there has been a decision to act on them and so on. It will save users endless hours of duplicate posts, and likely frustration for you guys I’d have thought.

Anyway thanks for chipping in, I hope that communication might become an official higher priority for the Cubase team, so they’re not always reliant on your good nature in your spare time.

Wow thats SUPER great to know! Maybe a poll feature should be included in the steinberg hub, that way more users will get involved in this kind of feedback efforts.

Thanks Guillermo!

That is an good idea, make it an yearly poll and get some real data to work with.

Thank you for very good news! 3500:50=70, so SB will implement 70 new features every year!! (at least 60). :wink:

There should be an ongoing poll with feature requests. OK, maybe not all 3500, but at least a list of say 200 realistic and popular requests could be there for users to vote on. Requests that rank highest get higher priority.

And regarding what Guillermo said, that, “… please have in mind that the forums are moderated by Steinberg employees on their spare time, and we do not have much…” - this realy shouldn’t be so. Actually, to contact customers, should be everyones FIRST priority after they enter office every day. Or somebody should be employed just for this task, to go on forums and reply. It is really bad practice that you do this at you free time. Even worse if you are expected to do it in free time, without being paid for it. Bad management.

Well there are thankfully guys like Martin.Jirsak, Grim, and many others that take the role of site moderators/helping others. Much thanks to them and others that keep the forum worth watching. Props to you all!

I would say it would be nice if there was more often interjection from Steinberg though (thanks Guillermo for spending time recently {much respect}) . Maybe pay a guy just to do that? At least give the dood something nice like a plush toy with a Cubase logo on it. :slight_smile:

I’m surprised. They really do not want that their employees spent time with users like you and me, unless it’s in their spare time?

So this is how corporations work. I’ll guess the management uses the argument that moderating the forum is not productive enough and users are just sheeps bloating in the meadow.

Steinberg in my book is no longer that innovative company it used to be. Gone are the days where developers were business man too. It’s marketing driven and people in suits dictates the company strategy, not always for the benefit of the average user. I’m getting sick of the mails I get when there’s a new vst synth or sound library or some other useless program. Of course I can unsubscribe to these mails, but I want to see in what direction Steinberg goes.

I’m already holding back on upgrades (still on 7.5 and skipping version 8 for now). If version 9 has features that I really don’t like, eg cloud etc, then I’m switching to Studio One.

I suggest that users be required to READ THE MANUAL and pass a basic test before being allowed to participate in the poll(s) recommended in this thread.

It’d also be nice if the hecklers who are obviously paid trolls for competing products were somehow weeded out. It’s obvious at times that a lot of the noise is by people who have no intention of ever actually learning and using Cubase, let alone offering anything useful and constructive to things like bug fix and development jiras and wikis.

Every day I see dozens of ‘feature requests’ for things that Cubase has been doing just fine by multiple methods and workflow possibilities since nineteen-ninety-weird. At times it’s as ridiculous as claiming my Trombone is a ‘waste of money’ because it doesn’t play a supersonic C-32 all by itself…and oh good lord, Edward should give me a yellow brass bell for free now that I’m doing more jazz, even though I ordered the rose bell at a time I was doing more classical! Nothing wrong with the rose bell, but Edward somehow screwed me and owes me the Yellow bell too!

You can show them step by step exactly how to do it, and even give them scripts and macros that’ll do it FOR THEM with a ‘single click or key-combo’, and even go so far as to give them a map so that punching ONE BUTTON on their MIDI keyboard will do it…and they just stick their fingers in their ears, spout off examples of how a dozen ‘other products’ does it (usually takes just as many steps or requires just as much time/brain power), and fuss for many hours on forums instead of giving it a try and getting back to making music.