Android 13 upgrade cant find project files

Hello there, i upgraded to Android 13 on a Samsung Galaxy Note20Ultra and now all the Cubasis files cant be found through File Manager + app or other way!

Hey there. What is going on with this issue on Android 13.

Android/data/com.steinberg.cubasis3/files/Cubasis 3

Dont use samsung’s my files explorer… go to the playstore n look for X-plore

Hi @Dr_Heavy_Poison,

In the video you’re opening the wrong folder. App data is to be found in Android/data, not in Android/media.

However, the native Android Files app doesn’t show the contents of the Android/data folder. Please use one of the many free file manager apps available on the Play Store to access this folder, as CJ_Monster already suggested.

Best,
Lars

I see. I got confused because the problem is that the app File Manager + recommended on the user manual is no longer being able to go in to that level of the system.

Thanks CJ i download that app and is very nice. The issues here besides i has looking at a wrong folder is that the recommended app Files Manager + is no longer capable of reading the Data folder any more like i showed in the clip. But your app is very fancy and cool! That and enjoy the music

1 Like

Hi @Dr_Heavy_Poison,

Below please find the feedback from our engineering:

In the video, after tapping “Continue” in the Special Access dialog, you go into files/Cubasis3, but it would be better to immediately tap the blue “Use this folder” button at the bottom, in order to grant the file manager app access to the whole com.steinberg.cubasis3 folder.

If you misconfigured the permissions for an app, you can reset them in the Android Settings app. Here’s how:

https://support.google.com/android/answer/9431959?hl=en

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Nah Lars, you cant view the data folder in android12 neither…
Pay in mind, Samsung has modified android versions…

Hi @CJ_Monster, Hi @Dr_Heavy_Poison,

See the updated feedback provided by our engineering below:

Accessing Cubasis’ files with File Manager Plus works fine on our Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 running Android 12 (latest update), here’s how:

Please try the exact same steps and let us know if it works similarly on your Android 12 or 13 devices – and if not, at what point the behavior is different.

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars! Im up and running

I installed the File Manager + app again on Android 13 running on a Samsung Galaxy Note20Ultra 5G and the permission for reading the Data file is no longer available. I use to work on this app everday until the Android 13 upgrade. Che my video:

1 Like

Hi @Dr_Heavy_Poison,

In your video at 0:12, it looks like you didn’t tap the switch next to “File Manager +”, you just tapped the text and the popup went away. That’s why the app still doesn’t have access.

Please open Android’s Settings, go to Privacy, Permission Manager, and tap “Files and Media”. In the list of apps, tap “File Manager +” and select “Allow management of all files”. It’s possible that the menu is located somewhere else on Android 13, my description is for the Android 12 Settings. Alternatively, the Permission Manager can be found by opening Settings, Apps, tapping the button with the 3 dots and selecting Permission Manager.

Best,
Lars

No changes between A12 n A13 in file management nor permission handling
I haven’t resetted any permission yet but this is what my permission manager looks like

It says my files has access to all files which obviously isnt the case.

Hello LS. The management of all files is allowed but the App cant reach the files any way. Check…

Check the clip for more info on this! The X-Plore file management app works perfect on Android 13. WhatsApp is also having a big issues reading my multimedia on Android 13. This is not the only app that is having trouble with Android 13.

Thank you for the clip, it’s good to know that File Manager + cannot access any app’s data folder on Android 13.

So, with the X-Plore file manager app, does it work like expected and you have access to Cubasis’ files again?

Yes X-plore works perfectand is wonderful App… Now we have a new issue with the upgrade of Cubasis3 that the GUIs are not fitting the screens. I open another report for that.

Hi @Dr_Heavy_Poison,

Please have a look at the following article:

Does this help to resolve your problem?

Best,
Lars