Android 5.0 Lollipop compatibility

If you are running Android 5 then you should wait as it is not compatible and won’t work. May be sone day it will but why waist your money on somthing that has been broken since 21 Nov 2014.

Hi,

please join our beta Test for Android 5:

Thanks!
RG

Hokay then! :laughing: (bone saw to top of skull, brain out, clicked “Buy” … and joined the beta program!).

Hi, as another lollipop upgrade casualty, I have applied for that beta program as indicated above a few days ago, but have not heard back.

Hi degado,

It looks like I have not received your beta request via E-Mail so far, please let me have a PM with your contact details.

Thanks,
Lars

Hello Lars
Please check for my request to join the beta program as well.
Sent April 24th from my email.
Thank you
Paul G.

Hi,

My Galaxy Note 4 was recently updated to Lollipop 5.0.1, and now, I can’t run my Cubase IC Pro app.
It’s always shut down on start.
Is there any workaround?
I usually use it both on my Note 4 and Galaxy Tab 4 10" to display more informations a time, so I can use only my Tab for now, but it’s frustrating… :frowning:

Yes, apply to join the beta programme.

Ok, so, how I can do that?

Sorry, just seen that topic: Steinberg Forums
Thank you. :wink:

Anything new? This topic started at 14 Dec 2010. Now we have second half of June and still there’s no compatibility. Beta can’t be used for normal work with clients. For now I’m only feeling that I lost my money on IC Pro.

Im very disapointed to see that nearly 1year later there’s no way to fix this…and no refund propositions to customers…

And angry customers means no more money from them to your bizness…I kinda regret buying stuuf from Steinberg right now, even Cubase, cause if you treat customers like you do I DONT WANNA BE A PART OF YOUR STUFFS …

So are you gonna refund all android 5 users that cant’ use the app THEY PAID FOR ???

an angry customer !!!

(PS: i bought the app before the availability of the android 5 update…in case some ppl would say "it was written on the playstore site that its not android 5 compatible)

Im very disapointed to see that nearly 1year later there’s no way to fix this…and no refund propositions to customers…

And angry customers means no more money from them to your bizness…I kinda regret buying stuuf from Steinberg right now, even Cubase, cause if you treat customers like you do I DONT WANNA BE A PART OF YOUR STUFFS …

So are you gonna refund all android 5 users that cant’ use the app THEY PAID FOR ???

an angry customer !!!

(PS: i bought the app before the availability of the android 5 update…in case some ppl would say "it was written on the playstore site that its not android 5 compatible)

I have to agree with NoMad92 - I bought this product before Andriod 5 was released and over a year later I am surprised that Steinberg do not have either the technical staff to re-engineer this product for Android 5, the ability to buy in third party technical expertise to re-engineer this app for Android 5 or to write a new app for Android 5.

I did get involved with the Beta program but that has not resulted in an official release (yet) and think it is pretty poor to expect you customers to use beta software when you have paid for the full official version ( and the beta software is a bit of a pain to use)

Is there any intention for Steinberg to actually produce an official Android 5 version of this app?

Maybe as a sign of good faith Steinberg should offer a vst instrument or content to all the Android 5 users who have paid for this steinberg App that is effectively useless.

Or maybe Steinberg do not expect their customers to ever update their systems (this is very concerning in line of the Win 10 update at the end of this Month)?

At the very least could Steinberg give a detailed schedule of when this App is going to be Andriod 5 compatible and a possible release date (if there is one?)

I was really angry when i wrote the message, but yeah instead of a refund they (steinberg) could offer people a soundbank.
That would be a really classic “i care for my customers” service…but that service kinda died few years ago, now customers are only a living wallet…we pay, they receive !!! (1 year between the acknoledge of the app not working anymore and NOW! 1 year, without any solution, well the beta thing is unreliable…makes my cubase to randomly crash)

I’m really sad that the steinberg customer service seems like they dont give a f*** about our complaints: they neva tried to compensate a year of unworking app in NO WAY !!!

Since the fee was for the SKI license, and the apps for each device are free, technically you are not out of pocket, especially if you have some devices that still work (though less than you wanted to be using!).

Pretty slim defence, I know, but they could use it.

Re any possible compensation, a range of alternatives would have to be offered, because not everyone wants a ‘soundbank’ (whatever that actually translates into in SB speak).

ahahahahahahah true !!! (tho got no other android 4 devices, sadly)

Technically Patanjali may be correct however I am just surprised that a company at the forefront of technology such as Steinberg cannot make an official Android 5 App 8 months after this version of Android was generally released and rolled out.

I did not buy the app to get the SKI Licence (although that’s what effectively you get) - I bought the App so that I could use my phone to remote control Cubase when I am playing my synths which are on the the other side of the room from my Cubase PC.

Having an SKI licence is great however without the App it is no good to me at the moment. I suppose I could downgrade my phone to Android 4 or buy an Android 4 device but this seems to be an incredibly retrospective step to have to take, especially if Stenberg actually release an Android 5 version soon - which is why I would like Steinberg to let its customers know a) if it is seriously looking at releasing an Android 5 app and b) when this is scheduled to happen.

The App (licence) does not cost a lot but the low price does not make the disappointment any less.

You need to add on a lot of time on for the pre-release as well. Steinberg have had access to 5.0 well before the release.

Couldn’t have said better !!! You’re true from start to end man !!!
We dont need to know where comes the problem, us users just see that we cant use the app no more, and that’s all for users to be disapointed (no refund or gift have been proposed to us, and we are waiting nearly a year that its fixed, i know it wont be for a lonnnnnnng time)

No poop Storm yet?
Steinberg gives up!

Why isn’t there any comment from Steinberg here in ther forum??

https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/cubase-ic-pro-for-android-discontinued-3295.html