Annoying 'feature': expand folder track

Nice :wink:

YEP!!! :smiley:
a VERY welcome fix!

This used to REALLY p#ss me off!

Hmm… as far as I see, the OP’s statement I quote here still seems true with 6.0.2. (there is no mention in version history relating to this topic…).

I’ve trashed prefs - still same; curious…

I have a project loaded with several drum channels/tracks at the top, placed inside a folder.
I scroll to near the bottom of (25+) track list and highlight (select) a mono vocal track there.
I scroll back to the top and click on the drum folder track icon to toggle collapse/expanding of the folder - collapse is ok, but as soon as I expand, Whoosh…!! I’m taken off to the mono vocal track selected at bottom of track list… Very ANNOYING…!!

1. Please see your preference setting for ‘Scroll To Selected’ (in Editing → project+mixer). This is strongly related of course, because…
  2. If you have ‘Channel+Track’ selected and ‘Sync Project and Mixer selection’ ticked, you should see that as you select a channel/track in one, the other should ‘go to it’… well, this is NOT working both ways. Choose either ‘Channel’ or ‘Track’ only and you get one way working - AND IMPORTANTLY, you stop the horrible behaviour that’s the subject of this whole topic…

That’s where I am with 6.0.2 - and it was exactly like this in 6.0.1. Interested to know what you (matjones, Sonik, FunkyDrummer) are seeing that’s improved/changed…?

Bob

OK who set “scroll to selected…” in my prefs to “disabled”? Come on, own up! :blush:
No wonder it appeared to be “working”

So it’s NOT actually fixed after all! Goddammit!
I take it all back…

Helge said he’d definitely fix this (see BUG: Opening folded VSTi tracks - Cubase - Steinberg Forums)
… but never said when

Indeed - we might be waiting some time yet…

Bob