Hello community, the situation is this: I start to compose a piece, often I require a certain articulation that utilizes a different VST instrument, thus I create a new voice. I then channel the required voice in Play mode. All good so far! This goes on for a while, then I change my mind and delete multiple bars, including those that had the “funny” articulation. The problems:
- The previously added voice that gets deleted, does not disappear from the Play window.
- When I open the project the next day, there are random notes that play in the channels that were deleted, often simultaneously with the correct channel.
I know I have encountered this many times and I thought I had found a solution, but can’t remember. Things I’ve tried:
- Selecting the whole score and changing to Upstem Voice 1, closing and reopening Dorico.
- Changing Playback configuration and then changing back.
- Making sure all the extra voices in Play mode have no player/VST and/or channel selected.
- Deleting the VSTAudioEngine cache.
The only workaround I’ve found is to start a new file and copy/paste everything across, but this is extremely time-consuming.
Note: this is using the default Expression Map i.e. the stock empty one that just has Natural
Note 2: The Playback template is just one instance of VE Pro