Annoying problem recording with Punch in/Punch out

Hi!
When I record audio in a cycle (but also in linear mode, as I will say later), there is an annoying problem if I record using Punch-in/Punch-out fuction: I can hear, at the punch-in point, the audio from the last recorded lanes for a very brief moment of time, about a second. And over it, of course, the new audio I’m recording.
After that second the audio of the last lane disappears, and I can record with no disturbances, but again, on the next cycle, the sound of my last lane recorded for a little while.

This obviously creates problems to the record process and I have to deactivate punch-in/out function, indeed there are no problems using just L/R locators. But I can’t use that useful function.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any solution for this?
Thank you so much!

PS: even if I record with no cycle, in linear mode, but in the measures from punch-in to punch-out an audio event is already there, I can hear this old audio for a second or less when recording start at punch-in.

Hi,

Does your Audio Device suport Loopback? If yes, try to disable it, please.

Hi Martin, thanks for your help!
I don’t know, I don’t think this Loopback is supported, this is not a declared function and I’ve never heard about it!
It’s a Yamaha N12 digital mixer/audio card. Manual doesn’t talk about this.
I’m on a mac with HighSierra
And as I said , with no punch-in/out activated no recording problem!

Hi,

Yamaha N12 doesn’t support Loopback.

What Cubase version do yours, please?

Cubase 11 Pro

(but I also tested on C10 Pro and C10.5 Pro, that are still installed on my computer)

No others with this problem too??

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Could you reproduce it if you record to the lanes without Punch In/Out too?

Could you try with other Audio Device (for example build-in), please? Could you try different Buffer Size settings? Or change the ASIO-Guard settings?