Annual Request: Copy/Split/Duplicate Parts Within Key Editor

It should be possible to do common Part manipulation functions WITHIN the Key Editor.

Eg.

1. it should be possible to split a Part in two whilst INSIDE the Key Editor…

2. it should be possible to duplicate a Part in two whilst INSIDE the Key Editor…

3. it should be possible to delete a Part in two whilst INSIDE the Key Editor (if multiple Parts are being edited)

In short, I almost NEVER want to have to leave the Key Editor.

I find myself CONSTANTLY bouncing in and out of the Key Editor (unnecessarily) to do these operations.

+1

I just completed some editing a few minutes ago and something was bothering me. As you described, it was the constant switching in and out of the editor.

Regards :sunglasses:

+1

One thing that really brings this to light for me… When you edit multiple Parts in the Key Editor, it is always -very- clear which Part one is working on. The Key Editor obviously has no problem managing multiple Parts. So it shouldn’t be -that- hard for the developers to simply add the facility to split Parts -inside- the Key Editor… the code for doing the management is already in place.

It’s an interesting idea. How would you see this UI-wise?

Split:

1. Select Scissors tool

2. Point mouse cursor to bar/beat on the Ruler.

3. Left click.

Et voila.

Copy/Duplicate:

1. Move mouse cursor to the left ‘handle’ at top of Part (it has the Part’s name)

2. Right click.

3. A pop-down menu appears with selections: Copy/Duplicate

4. Point mouse cursor to bar/beat on the Ruler.

5. Right click

6. A pop-down menu appears with selection: Paste

Et Voila.