Annual Request: Replace VSTi In Rack Option

When I replace a VSTi in the Rack I would like an option to ‘Assign MIDI Tracks To New VSTi?’

Get it?

The current behaviour is that any MIDI tracks assigned to the old VSTi are simply disconnected. I want the option to have them -replaced- with the newly selected VSTi.

This seems pretty obvious to me.

+1

+1

+1

I’ve wasted tons of time because of this. The audio output track also is removed and inserted at the end which causes a big mess if you have any mapped midi controller to specific parameters of previous tracks.

I want the option to have them -replaced- with the newly selected VSTi.

I’ve wished for this feature forever. This whole part of the program needs a serious overhaul on so many levels…starting with the sheer size of the thing. This idea seems like something that could easily be coded without a major overhaul.

Personally, I’d like to be able to just replace the VSTi and everything remains in place…including the audio output assignments…but that would require some real clever coding to deal with VSTi’s, whose audio output configuration doesn’t match what they are replacing.

I’ve wished for this feature forever. This whole part of the program needs a serious overhaul on so many levels…starting with the sheer size of the thing. This idea seems like something that could easily be coded without a major overhaul.[/quote]

—Yes, it’s easily done. I know this because -sometimes-, Cubase actually -will- replace a single output VSTi. But then sometimes it doesn’t. Can’t figure out the ‘why’.

—Having written a couple of VSTis, I know that this is not rocket science. The VSTi API has standardised names for most of the common things ‘Volume’, ‘Pan’, ‘Channel #’, etc. So it’s just a matter of matching them.