Annual Request: Select Other Parts In Editor With Other Tool

I’d like to be able to move between parts in the Key Editor WITHOUT having to swap tools.

Eg. I want to be able to click on a note in an inactive part with the Mute Tool or the Scissors and make that part active.

Apparently not a lot of Key Editor users. This is really clunky… having to switch to the Select tool every time one wishes to switch between parts.

+1. Actually, I’ve never noticed this as a problem (and I do use the MIDI editor a great deal), but why not, for heaven’s sake? There’s no good reason I can see to restrict part switching with only the Select tool.

Thanks!

I’m surprised it doesn’t annoy other people. Drives me -nuts- having to do -2- moves every time I want to switch between Parts. I do a LOT of string writing, so I’m constantly having 1st Vln/2nd Vln/Vla/Vc/CB/etc… parts open and it’s hard enough to keep focused on which part is currently active.

ANYTHING that distracts me from ‘the notes’ is a drag.

+1

I use the editor all the time and this always bugged me. Just never thought to ask for a fix. U da man. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Thanks. Extra keystrokes just drive me NUTS.

Sadly, these are exactly the kinds of un-sexy improvements SB gave up on a decade ago.

I’d like to be able to move between parts in the Key Editor WITHOUT having to swap tools.

I can’t believe how simple and smart this request this is. And reasonable to implement. Big +1.