Annual Request: The Missing Key Command Thread

A command for “Add automation lane for last tweaked parameter” would be extremely helpful

1 Like

Please add “Load FX Chain Preset” key command

‘Absolute’ Mode in the Mixer

no key command or modifier that I can find.

1 Like

Alt + Shift +click “E” on channel opens all plugins.
Shift + Click “E”, close all plugins on channel
Works everywhere.

1 Like

@SimpleSoundDK

Mouseclicks make noise.

They also can’t be internally macro’d.

Not sure if these were added in 11, still on 10.5 myself

Mixer - Bypass - Pre
Mixer - Bypass - Cues
Mixer - Bypass - Direct Outs

Assign channel to Left/Center/Right Zone in MixConsole

2 Likes

Having given this a little more thought, the solution is straightforward: keep the current toggles just as they are. Add one more command per toggle: either State ON or State OFF. Say what’s implemented is State ON. If you want something on, use that command. If you want something off, use State ON followed by State Toggle. All those invested in the current toggle commands will have nothing to relearn.

I must respectfully disagree.

I would most often want to turn various things like Follow OFF. (I -hate- that thing.) Which means that I would need to create a Macro for every function that I want an ‘off’ function in order to have a key command. That’s a pain.

Give me separate on and off commands.

Mixer - Show/Hide Channel Latency

-Save Track Preset
-Load Track Preset

-Track Auto Fade Settings

1 Like

So State Off rather than State On is just fine. My point was that we only need one (on or off) to put the power in our hands to accomplish what we want. I would not care whether the added command was On or Off. The key command address space is getting a little tight. So maybe asking just for an Off command might get us satisfaction sooner than asking for both an On and Off (but you’d get no complaints from me if we have both!).

doesn’t really make sense to only have one or the other, just makes things confusing and macros more convoluted and messy than they need to be.

If they end up doing this, might as well go all the way… why stop at just On or just Off? if they are there, just add the other lines of code.

Key Command threads always get a tonne of attention. I am probably responsible for the 2019 Key Command poll being scrapped because I went to town on suggestions. But it was to illustrate to Steinberg that there is room for 1000+ new KC’s in Cubase. They didn’t like it and hence added like 3 to the next version. IIRC Snap on and off and Glue. Yay!
While I’m here, KC for KC presets please.
I hope I didn’t over do it.

The problem, I think, is that these topics drift with all sorts of meta and vaguely related replies What bugs me about the new forum is that it is STILL not -threaded-. Which only invites abuse. I’m kinda doing it with -this- reply.

OK… No more replies that aren’t a specific keyboard shortcut. Go!

:smiley:

1 Like

Undisable tracks even those in folders would be useful. Along with import whole folders

you could jerry rig a macro+PLE to do this

1. Visibility agent: hide all disabled tracks

I have assigned a shortcut for all other visibility agents in the project window.
I don’t seem to be able to find this one in the list of key command which I would use a lot.

I.e.: I’m working on a cue, orchestral template with thousands of tracks. I do “show track with data” and all the disabled tracks I rendered but want to keep for changes when necessary, shows up.

Thanks!

1 Like

you can do this with a PLE/Macro

There’s

‘Bring to front’ for project window

but not

‘bring to front’ for individual mixers.

And or

if there was just ‘Move to back’ for project window, that would improve workflow, ie, in some workspace I have the mixer behind the project window. however if the windows are floating and not full screen, i have to close the mixer and then re-open it to get it to the front