Annual Request: Triplet Grid

When, oh when, will we get a proper triplet grid display for the Project Window?

I know this will come as a shock since it’s a 4/4 EDM world in Euro-land but some of us actually work in other time sigs. Sometimes (hold onto something) MORE THAN ONE IN THE SAME SONG! Really.

I wouldn’t be so stroppy if it weren’t for the fact that there’s been one in the MIDI editor for quite some time.

So what’s the hold up? Not sexy enough?

—JC

Hey Sun Tower, YES! I totally agree. I can’t believe that for all of the amazing things Cubase does I can not set my grid to a dotted quarter note. If I go from 4/4 to 6/8 and want the quarter=dotted quarter, I cant do it. I can change the tempo to fit mathematically or play everything as triplets in the original 4/4. But thats definitely not the right thing to do. please Steinberg…

Frankly, I think the problem is that everyone’s into EDM so much that anything other than 4/4 appears irrelevant. I’m not kidding.

+1

+1 (still after all these years…)

+2

+1.

+1

+1, +3 actually.

+6/8

+1

Please don’t sell us short. That’s a 1/4 less than the average +. :confused: :stuck_out_tongue:

+1

+1

+1

+1

I have multiple time sigs in projects, which I insert into the Tempo Track.

What is it that can’t be done unless the sig is somehow put into the project window?

Thanks -

+1

This gets a big +1 from me. It really is a glaring omission.

+1