Another crash in Cubase 13.041

Hello. Hm… The last version of Cubase is again fully crashed…
Strange. But in 13.O.30 all was good.
Cubase 13.0.41 64bit2024.6.18 13.36.02.931.dmp (1.8 MB)

So, any chances to see what thing was crashed the project?

Hi,

Could you please provide more details? When did it happen? What did you do? What were the last steps, please?

Hello. Well, I was drag in to Cubase the midi file.
Then I was added some vst’s and it was crashed…
The crash is in Cubase, right?

Hi,

Do you have some tracks visible, some other tracks hidden? Or are they all visible?

They all are visible…

OMG!!! And another crash today… Come one! What happend with Cubase 13???
Cubase 13.0.41 64bit2024.6.21 16.32.07.247.dmp (2.1 MB)

So, again nobody? I simply scroll from presets and Cubase was crashed… :frowning:

So, no support again? I really need to know about the crash… it’s make my workso unstable…

with a crash ofcourse work your way backward if you can remember what you did last. I am a novice in reading crash dmp files, but in your case I can’t see anything referring to plugins. From your statements it seems the VSTi is causing problems (obviously). I had some similar references in a crash dump this week. From the dmp file it was confirmed it was a graphics driver issues. It did call back to Cubase, but once I removed my last added plugin I got rid of the crashes.

so mayne go back to 13.0.40 ? try that version cause the “hotfix” in .0.41 was a graphical issue - may, just maybe, Steinberg did break something while they fixed something else for us?

who knows!?!?

but if you write “once I added a VST Cubase started crashing”, at a minimum check for an update of the vsti :slight_smile: tell us what you have tried different to fix it. and what vsti etc you are using. there might be users with similar problems able to help. now you are not providing very specific information other than the dmp file which very few people could analyse deeply. And if you are a person able to go into deep analysing of these files I guess you have more pressing matters than looking for random posts on a forum.

Thank you very much. Yeah, maybe I need to back to 13.0.40… All was OK with the previous version for me.

if these things are not important, a roll back would make sense to try first for me

You might try the analyze what is going on using procdump/winddbg

Yeah…just need to know now where I can find the old installer…

Are you on Windows? I have used the Windows uninstaller to do this task in the past. On the MAC I don’t think it is possible

Yeah. I am on Windows

Take a look in your Download assistant (the SDA folder) for the 13.0.40 installer if you can’t rollback normal. if you can’t find it I’ll send you the installer if you dm me

1 Like

Hi,

In this case, open the system (Windows) application uninstall window and uninstall Cubase 13.0.41 update.

Hi,

As always, please add more details, when did the crash happen? What were the last steps?

Hi,

This crash is the very same one as this one:

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Or even rename/remove all Cubase preferences folders to get the factory settings?

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% \Steinberg\Cubase X_64

Where the X is the Cubase version (for example 13).