Another CrashDump Question

I have had Cubase 11 Pro crash on me twice in the last 2 days. I have the CrashDump files but I really don’t know what or how to approach this issue. Do I contact SB and attach the files? Is there a way to read them to determine what is happening? What should I be doing to get the ball rolling on figuring out what is causing these crashes?

I just can’t afford to have this thing crashing every 2 days and I would like to address the problem asap.

If you are on Windows, you could also have a look at the Windows Event log. Open the Event log application, go to Windows-Protocols->Application and look for the error message at the time Cubase crashed. Sometimes it says in which module/dll the crash happened, and you can find out if it is a plugin you have in the project.
Else, you can upload the crash dump to your dropbox or similar service and post the link here, together with a bit more information about your system and when the crashes happened (e.g. some specific action you did).
Most of the time it is some plugin, in my experience

Hi,

You can upload the crash/dmp file here to the forum.

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Btw, if you are on Mac, you can read it straight, at least to know, if it crashes in Cubase or in a plug-in.

Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.2.14 17.18.42.693.dmp (546.1 KB)

Here you go. Let me know if anything sticks out to you.

Hi,

The crash is in HALion Sonic SE.

Make sure, you have the latest update installed, please.

You can also try to trash HALion Sonic SE preferences:
Win: %appData% Steinberg/HALion Sonic SE_64

1 Like

I will do as instructed and check back if the problem persists.