Another deleting question

Hello everyone, I’m a regular browser but new to the forum. I hope you can help me with a deleting question that my searches have given various answers to, none of which has made me secure enough to press delete! I run Cubase Pro 10.5 and also have Cubase AI which I upgraded from. My computer is now struggling with disk space. Having been bitten before when deleting anything Cubase related, I’m wondering if I can safely do the following to create more disk space:

1. Uninstall Cubase AI (Pro is working fine with my old projects so I don’t have a need to use AI)
  2. Delete the Cubase AI Installation Download folder (this is taking up a lot of space, c.20GB and it would really help if this can go)

I hope that both these won’t cause any problems with the running of Pro 10.5.

As a bonus, is it possible to also delete the Cubase Pro 10.5 Installation Download folder (this is another big one, +30GB). It would be great if I could but I’m very wary of touching it…

Thanks in advance for any help and looking forward to being part of this forum which looks excellent :smiley:

Hi and welcome,

Cubase AI and Cubase Pro are two different applications/executables. Yes, you can uninstall Cubase AI and you can delete the Cubase AI Installation Download folder.

Yes, you can also delete Cubase Pro 10.5 Installation Download folder.

Hi Martin

Thank you for the quick response - and the good news; that will free up my hard drive a lot! I am looking forward to learning a lot from this forum and hopefully contributing in my own small way too.

Hi,

You can also move the whole Cubase library to other drive (if you have other drive available). Please use Steinberg Library Manager to do so. You would save lots of space too.

1 Like

Thanks Martin, that sounds very interesting. I have an external drive with a lot more space. I’ve never used the Steinberg Library Manager but will have a look and see how straightforward it is.